Chapter Four

The next day, I left to go outside and find Adam, when all of a sudden I ran into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry" he said.

It was Steven.

"It's fine." I said, nervously.

He smiled and said "So we meet again."

"Yeah." I said trying to back away but he put his hands on my shoulder and looked at me straight in the eye, he said, "What do you see?"

"What?" I asked

"What do you see?"

I shook my head.

He said "Look at me straight in the eye, and tell me what you see."

I looked at him strange, shook his hands off and I ran as far away from him as I could.

I ran outside where I ran into Adam. I don't know why but he was wearing sun glasses, on a day that was so cloudy.

"Adam!" I yelled

"What's wrong?" he asked

"It's Steven." I said breathlessly

"What about Steven."

"Something happened when he made me look straight into his eyes."

"What are you talking about?" he said "I thought he was some normal guy."

He took off his sun glasses. I saw his eyes were emerald green. That was when I knew that Steven did this to him.

"Oh," I said

"What?" he said, his voice sounded like it was lowering, like it was hard for him to talk.

"Adam," My eyes began to tear up, then all of a sudden I heard a "Psst"

I look around trying to figure out where that noise was coming from.

"Psst" There it was again this time I knew where it came from. I turned around and there was a lady. She had short blond hair and was wearing a dark red shirt with black leggings. I looked at her strangely. She pulled up on of her arms and was signaling me to come to her. Adam put his hand on my shoulder and said, "No you shouldn't trust her." His face all of a sudden had no emotion on it neither did his voice.

"Adam, I don't see any choice in this." I shake him off and start towards her when he said, "I love you."

I turn, my eyes were in tears, "Oh Adam." I start towards the girl and she took my arm and said "Do you see what's going on?" she said, she didn't sound happy, but why would she be happy. Something isn't right here, I thought.

"Obviously, something's wrong." she said with concern, she had a London accent.

I looked at her with surprise.

"Did you just read my thoughts?" I asked

"Yes but I have a little more inside me than you think I may have." she said

"What are you talking about?"

"Come on." she said. She turned, held both hands straight from herself, then a bright light had appeared straight from her.

"What is that?" I asked

"It's a portal it'll take us to a safe place." she said. I stood there, staring at it. Amazed.

Then, a hand reached out and touched my right shoulder. I turned. It was Adam. I looked at him, frightened. His eyes were still that emerald green color.

He said, "Do not follow her, it isn't safe." His hand started to squeeze my shoulder then he started to move his other hand onto my left shoulder when all of a sudden an even brighter light appeared and blasted him and I apart. I fell to the hard ground and blacked out.