Chapter Two

As soon as the bullets hit the ground, the thugs freaked out and ran as far away as they could. The force field disappeared. The guy I just saved had a confused look on his face. He kept staring at me as I transformed back to my original form.

He said "How did you do that?"

"I was born that way." I said

"Really?" he asked

"Yeah."

"Wow."

"Um, I'm confused, where did that force field come from?"

He just stared at me. It took me a moment but then I realized what had happened.

"No." I said

"Yes."

"Stop, no way."

"Yes"

"Wait you have powers, like me?"

He laughed "Yes."

"Nah, how?" I asked

"I was born that way."

"What?"

"Yeah, how about you," he asked "How did you get your powers?"

"Same as you."

He chuckled "Wow, I didn't think there was anyone else like me."

"Me either." I said and smiled

"What's your name?"

"I'm Bella, Bella Foxx, what's yours."

"I'm Adam, Adam Whittaker, nice to meet you."

We shook hands and started walking out of this dark and wet place and on to the sidewalk.

We started to walk towards my appartment, because he thought it be nice to come and hang out at my place. "So, why were those men after you?" I asked

"There against the inhumans."

"The what?"

"The inhumans, haven't you ever heard of that before?"

I shook my head.

"Your parents didn't tell you."

"No, they never talked about them."

"Huh, well, maybe they didn't know about them."

"So, why are they against inhumans?"

"It's because of their leader, Gareth Jones, who started this organization, which he began a few years ago, after finding out that there are people with unnatural powers. He then started the organization Savage Predators. Some are against us. The ones who really hated us decided to join him and to kill off all inhumans. So there are now a lot more shootings then there used to be."

"Wow, that's, that's-"

"Awful, yeah, I know," he interrupted "because both my parents were inhumans as well and both killed by this organization."

"So you want revenge?"

"No, that's not what I want!" he yelled then he sighed. He had a look of depression on his face. I put my arm on around him and said, "I won't blame you if you really want a little revenge." I smiled. He looked at me and smiled. I started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" he asked

"Tch nothing," I said "I just can't get over the fact that there are more out there like me."

I smiled, he started laughing, which got me laughing.