40

"The bruises were there when I found him I swear."

Everyone stared at me as if I was crazy. I knew they wouldn't believe me. I was alone with the one they cared more about, and I knew full well they didn't trust me enough to believe a single word I would say.

One of them opened their mouth and I gave them a pleading look as they spoke. "Why should we believe you?" they asked me.

I looked at everyone else. "I know you guys don't trust me, but please believe me," I pleaded.

The rest of them shook their heads.

"Why should we? You keep jinxing our luck and leading us into dangerous area," one of them said. My shoulders slumped and tears began to well up in my eyes. "I was just following my intuition," I whimpered.

"Well, your intuition sucks and you don't deserve to be in charge anymore," said the one person I thought was my friend, Penny.

I fell down to my knees and held my head in my hands, letting the tears finally come.

"Leave her alone," said a voice behind me. I looked and found my teammate had regained consciousness. "Roger!" I cried. Roger nodded to me before speaking.

"I got into a fight earlier, trying to protect you guys. She was following her intuition, but there's obviously going to be danger in this adventure, the guy who assigned us to this mission even told us it would be dangerous. If she beat me, she would have a, already done it, and b, left before you got here," he explained.

Every one of them hung their heads as Roger continued. "You really didn't trust her as much as she trusted you? Shame on you all," he said. "Especially you, Penny. Izzy thought of you as a friend and you ruined it."

Priscilla stepped forward, in her usually snobby way. "Why are you defending her?" she asked.

Roger looked her in  the eye. "A, because I know what really happened, since you don't trust her enough and b..." he paused, looking at me.

"I'm in love with her," he finished.