4

"Chesien. The Land Dwellers would like you to be involved in the conference." Said the Queen of The Ashen City. Chesien stood. At six feet and well muscled, he was very handsome, with ebony hair and tan skin that he earned from standing on the roof from sunrise to sunset. Not including mealtimes.

He wondered why the Land Dwellers wanted to involve him in a private conference if young ones weren't allowed to be so. Even though he was sixteen, he was not yet considered an Ashen Ault. The Ashen City's occupants were literally made of ashes solidified into floating people. Everyone, but Chesien, was created from the ashes of a fire, and Chesien wondered about that mishap for years.

Even though AshenKou's(Ashen City's occupants) never ate, Chesien was the only one that could. He exited the conference waiting room and found himself staring into an ordinary mirror image of himself. Startled, he made a short cry of shock and made a run for the main door. A gruff Ashen guard swiftly blocked out his exit. He looked to the waiting room door. Seeing that that option was out of play, Chesien grimaced.

I can't leave through either door! He thought. Suddenly he heard the same voice reply but he did not think what he heard. Neither can I, so you and I are stuck together. It said. Instantaneously, he looked to his mirror self and sighed. He walked to the couch and sat down roughly.

"Alright." He said, looking at the larger male Land Dweller. The foreigner looked exactly like Chesien, only the face was grim and unchanging but, inside, Chesien knew that there was at least some emotion somewhere inside that harsh looking Land Dweller.

"Let my torture begin." He finished. Whenever he was involved in conferences, they were always torture. He had no idea how wrong he was.