Part 8

Your PoV: It was like you had said the magic words. Something changed in Beyond Birthday just then. He took a step back and there was no longer that look of mocking amusement on his face. Something in what you said struck him. Hard. 'Ah of course the name and lifespan thing, he can see that' He casts you a dark look, all softness gone, 'This wasn't what I was expecting' "Of course I know my eyes aren't normal f/n, I've known that all my life" he walks over to you and grabs your face, "What do you mean you can *see it anyway? They look like regular eyes" you bring your eyes to meet his, you bring your own hand to Beyonds cheek, this was the first time you had shown any true affection towards him but you had felt yourself being drawn to him since the moment the two of you met. A darkness in him reaching out to a light within you. "Has anyone ever told you that you have red eyes before?" his eyebrows raise but his face darkens,
"No" he answers. You move your hand away from his cheek. "To me they appear red most of the time," you tell him flatly. He smirks "Most of the time?" you take a step towards him "Yes, other times they look brown" your eyes were locked with his and you hadn't realised how close to his face you were. Beyond smirks down at you and closes the gap, gently pressing his lips against your own. They feel so full and soft, so right on your lips. You could feel yourself melt against him 'What's happening to me? I shouldn't be feeling this way' too soon Beyond pulls away from you. Your eyes linger on his lips a moment longer reaching his blood red stare. Though his face remains a mystery his eyes soften as they stare you down. You know he knows you're telling the truth and you can almost hear the next words on his lips before they leave. "So your only person who sees my eyes as red? And the only person whose name and lifespan I can't see ... sometimes I wonder if we were meant to meet f/n" He strokes his fingers gently up your arm to rest on your shoulder, your breathing quickens but you answer truthfully "Yes. .. I think so too,"
You remember back to when he was torturing you, how you were totally enchanted by him even as he would bring a hammer to your temple, slit your throat, cut out your heart. As the realisation struck you it brought with it a pang of fear. 'I can't be falling for a psychopath like this, remember why you're here, he's a murderer' even as you thought it you had your hand on his cheek 'He's so warm' "You're mine" you hear yourself say, you lean up to him closing your eyes just as you see that smirk play across his lips again, his teeth shining white and straight. You close the gap between you once more, your lips grazing his soft mouth as they demand opening, you feel Beyond smirk against you as he puts an arm behind you and brings you closer to him. He opens his mouth for you and you slide your tongue across his, you feel it vibrate in your mouth from your kiss, making you shiver and press yourself against him. You do it again, slowly sliding your tongue across his. He grunts into the kiss as he takes control. Grabbing you roughly he leads you to the bed, not once stopping his kisses, his tongue tickling the tip of yours, sliding it across making your tongue vibrate against his now. Your legs make contact with the bed and Beyond pushes you down with his body until you fall back against it, you hit the mattress with a soft thud, Beyond's body pressed against you as he relentlessly takes control of the kiss. You moan into him as his tongue slides back and forth against your own, you feel him trace your arm down to your hand, his touch lingering hot against your skin. He gently grabs your hand in his, you feel yourself unable to resist, feel your arm being moved upwards, his mouth feels like your own personal heaven. Cold metal wraps around your wrist and your eyes dart open as Beyond pulls away, grinning down at you. 'He has chained me to the bed???' your eyes flash with anger and you sit up on the bed, face to face with Beyond, your noses almost touching. "What do you think you're doing?" he backs away and slaps you across the face, Leaving a stinging sensation on your cheek. His grin never leaves his face "I have to go to work f/n" he runs his hand along your chained arm, "You had better behave and obey or next time you won't have such freedom" your free hand rubs your sore cheek as you glare at Beyond. 'Why does he have to be such a controlling psychopath? God why does he have to be so sexy about it?' your thoughts linger back to the kiss the two of you just shared. The animal passion his touch awakens in you. "I'll obey" you tell him. His face softens and the smile he gives you is a genuine one 'what a beautiful smile' "as much as you turn me on f/n I have to go to work to avoid suspicion, I'm the lead investigator on the locked door murders don't you know?" Your eyes widened, what a genius idea, you hadn't even considered that Beyond would go as far to worm his way into the task force and pretend to hunt himself down as a way of avoiding suspicion, he smirks at your look of admiration before adding, "along with fbi inspector Naomi Misora," you nearly blanched, 'oh god no way, he ... he's working with Naomi.. Does he plan to kidnap her too' you bring your frightened eyes to meet his, your mouth ready with a thousand questions. Beyond silences you by grabbing your chin roughly, "You don't have to worry f/n, you're the only woman i'm interested in, Naomi is in no danger from me" he releases your face and continues, " it wasn't me who brought her onto this case," his eyes darken and glisten red suddenly harsh and cruel, "it was L" he said spitting the last part and storming out, locking the door behind him.