two

Louis' POV

A few hours had passed, I took a deep breath in as I stared at the horizons. The waves glided in again, crashing over the sand. I glanced over to Liam, who had his fingernails between his teeth, chattering relentlessly. I turned my head the other way, Niall and Harry coming into view. They were both staring at each other, Niall playing with Harry's hair. I felt like I was the only one who wasn't too affected by the world going to shit; the only consequence of this was the  constant, numb feeling in my gut. Like I was trapped in my own brain, feeling spaced out half of the time - like my body wasn't my own. What the other boys don't know is that my sass and humor is just a coping mechanism. 

"Liam, I'm just going to see what they're up to." I laugh, Liam glancing at me briefly. "They're all soppy and romantic, although Harry is basically a dense piece of wood." I stood, taking a deep breath of the salty air before making my way over to Harry and Niall. Once I was only a few feet away, Harry moved his arm from Niall quickly, them both looking up at me in shock. 

"Didn't know you knew what affection meant, Harry?" I said, Niall began to chuckle quietly. Harry pulled his legs up, wrapping his arms around his knees like a sloth. 

"What's affection?" Harry asked, staring up at me utterly confused. I let out a laugh, covering my mouth with my sleeve. I shrug my shoulders, giggling quietly. 

"Liam!" I shouted, "Explain to Harry what affection means." I heard foot steps getting closer, I turned around and saw Liam rushing over to us. He arrived in a fluster, staring at Harry like he was an idiot. Which I admit, Harry is abnormally thick.

"Affection?" Harry repeated, "what the is that meant to be?" Liam sighed, sitting down on the step. I copied him, sitting down on the sandy cement steps. 

"Think we should take a detour; show you lot what this daft old planet is." Liam said, "Come on."

Harry stood enthusiastically, smiling like an idiot and ready to follow Liam. However, both Niall and I knew this stupid planet well enough not to need a tour. However, we both complied. We stood up at the same time, making eye contact with each other and following Liam. We walked across the desolate road, Liam already pointing towards a broken into shop. Once everybody was across, Liam began to explain what we and Niall already knew:

"This is a shop. You trade things such as clothes, food, drinks and other things for paper notes and coins." I stopped listening after that, hearing Niall hum a familiar tune to himself.

"How is Harry so dumb?" I muttered. Niall shoved me with his elbow, causing a slight numbing pain in my upper arm. I deserved that. I began to drift, humming Micheal Jackson and biting my lip. 

"Louis!" Liam's voice was loud enough that it echoed amongst the buildings, I stood still and licked my dry, chapped lips.

"Yes." I responded promptly, 

"What did I say about currency in different countries?" Liam spat, I shrugged my shoulders. It was too hot to focus on what he was blabbering on about even if I gave a shit. We began to move, Liam was walking ahead, Harry stalking closely behind. Niall and I, however, were following from a few meters back. 

After about five minutes of walking, Liam began to show Harry and us a park. I held my temper, I knew these people weren't in the mood for drama. I bit my lip as Liam continuously showed us different places - things, cars, objects people, stones; the most basic shit. I couldn't withhold it anymore. 

"I know all of this shit!" I shout, panting. "My legs ache and my foot soles are fucking crushed!" Niall stared at me, smirking for a second or two before his face returned to a casual look. Harry was confused, lingering closer to Niall. Liam's fists were pulps, taking a step backwards. His face was flushed and he was on the brink of tears. 

"I'm trying to help." He exhaled, "Can't you just act like a normal human being?" His eyes closed while speaking. 

"You're not caring about what Niall and I want to do. We don't give a shit about learning stuff we don't know." I said rather loudly, Harry jumping back a little. Harry began to sniffle, I moved my focus off Harry and onto Liam, who looked even more mad. He took deep breaths, maybe in an attempt to calm down - I wasn't too sure. 

"Can you just act civil?" Liam asked,

"I am you fucking twonk-" 

"Stop!" Harry sniffled, "Stop shouting." He cried, Niall wrapping his arms around him, planting a kiss on his forehead. Liam and I made eye contact again, who sighed. 

"Just stop, for him." He gestured towards Harry, who was shaking in Nialls grip. I took a moment to breathe and consider - is it worth playing with Harry's feelings for my own gain? I'd never been taught much else. 

"Okay, Just stop showing us around and being bossy." I said, Liam rolled his eyes and nodded. We both glanced towards Harry, I nodded, showing that it was over. He separated himself from Niall, stretching his arms out. 

"Well, I feel like Regina George." I chuckled. 

"Regina who?" Liam asked, I took a step back. 

"You haven't seen Mean girls?" I asked, my jaw dropping when he and Niall shook their heads. "I'm sorry, but we're going to be going into this DVD store." I pointed at the store on the opposite side of the road, "And I'm going to force you three to watch it. I am seriously disappointed."

"It's a teen flick movie why would have I seen it?" Liam mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

"You haven't lived until you've seen it." I laughed, "Come on." I flashed a smile to Harry, who smiled back. We walked across the road, entering the dvd store. It was at the front of the store in a row of movies. I grabbed it, rushing towards the DVD player. I turned it on, sliding the disc in. It was a miracle the electricity still worked. I heard Harry gasping as it slid back into its slot by itself. Once the menu screen came up, I clicked play and sat on the carpet. 

"You guys are going to love this movie." I said as I heard that all-so familiar music. I was still spaced out; but I knew that it was okay.