Chapter 3

How do I even work a gun? I don't have time for this. Why do I have to die, just because my last name is Glorian? That wasn't my choice! I feel my palms sweating and my eyes buildings with tears. I need to get out.
     I run to my parents window and grab the chair from their desk. "Now or never," I tell myself.
     "How 'bout never." I turn around and see a tall, bulky man standing in the bedroom doorway, his gun aimed at my temple.
     "Follow me."
     I slowly creak towards my soon-to-be-murderer, his eyes never leaving me.
     "Hurry up!" He yells. I jump slightly at the tone of his voice and start walking faster. I feel the tears streaming down my innocent eyes.
     Once I make it downstairs, I spot my parents. I try and smile at them but I'm absolutely and utterly terrified.
     Will they kill me here? If they were going to, they already would have. Where are they taking us?
     I decide to try and find out. "Where are you taking us?"
     "Well, sweety, we are taking you to a special place to live out your last days. These two, I'm afraid, are not needed. Kill them." I watch as the bulky man looks over at the two other men who accompanied him.
     "What are you waiting for? Now!"
"No!" I scream. "Please, no!" I've never screamed this loud in my life.
"Now!"
     Boom.
     Boom.
     No. I don't believe it. I don't dare to open my eyes. I just lost both of my parents.