Love Is Painful

Alex POV
I invited Meredith, George, Izzie, and Derek to drink with me and Christina at our house. When we get there George gets a call.
"Hello," he asks.
"No," he says as he hangs up.
He looks at us and we all drink. And drink and drink. One day and a hangover later. I head to work. Jo O'Malley is on my service and it's kind of awesome. She's very nice and very good for an intern. She and I talk for a bit and we end up talking through our lunch break. We take care of these cute kids and she ends up being on my service at least once a week. I invite her for a beer and she is going out with Chest Peckwell. I get a weird feeling with him. She goes out and then one day she told me to stay out of her life. I was a little heartbroken. Then I invited George, Mer, Derek, Christina, and Callie and Arizona to drink when we get to my house I see Jo. She's sitting on the porch one part of her face covered.
"Look I'm trying to stay out of your life but you're everywhere. And you've come here to tell me the same thing-" I try to finish as she cuts me off and shows me her face.
"Can I stay here please?" She asks with a bruised face.
George immediately runs over to her and asked her what happened and we take her inside. She has an ice pack over her face and she explains what happened. I leave Meredith and Jo yelling at me to come back. George follows me and when we get there Jason is on the ground. Beaten. We take him to the hospital and when we get back Jo is sitting there Meredith, Derek, Callie, Arizona, and everyone else there. Baby Bailey is asleep in Meredith's arms.
"What were you thinking?!" I yell as Meredith puts Bailey upstairs.
George and I are mad that Jo did this.
"You could have killed him! You're lucky he isn't pressing charges!" We both scream at the same time. 
"Stop!" She yells.
"The last time someone grabbed me the way Jason did, I promised that no one would do that again," she says.
"What do you mean again?!" George yells.
"It's nothing," she says.
"Nothing?! Jo it's not nothing. Tell me or else I'm gonna um call mom!" He says.
"Call her," she says.
"I'll tell her about this!" He says as she looks like she's about to give up.
"George maybe you should let her-" Christina says as he yells at her to stop.
"Now you're gonna tell me because I'm your family and I care about you," he says as she looks at him.
"I dated a guy in college for like a year and a half and he-" she said with hesitation.
"He what?! Did he hit you?" George yells.
She was silent a minute until she finally broke the silence.
"Yes," she says as George pulls her in for a hug. She accepts.
"I'm sorry," he says.
"For what?" She asks.
"We never talked after I moved out. I didn't even know you dated when you were in college," he says.
"I don't want you in my love life, and I only knew about yours from mom," she said as Christina laughs.
"You told your mother about your love life?" Christina asks.
George disregards this and I comes up to Jo. The electricity is out and I talk to her 'about last night' she tells me not to ask. Then I tell her I love her and she pulls me into a kiss.