4

note | sorry for the late update. i needed to take a break, and i may need to take another after this. also, there's pictures included because i didn't feel like further describing what they were doing and what the scene looked like lmao. anyway, enjoy. (happy april 1st, as well!)
-4/1/17

|four|

natsu held his arms out on either side of him as he and happy soared through the sky full of golden and red hues. the wind made his clothes flap against his body. his hair tickled his forehead.

happy took a sharp upward turn, flying through the boarder of clouds that floated in the atmosphere. with a silent "poof", they broke the barrier of fluffy clouds and soared high above the sky itself. natsu gazed at the sight and took in all of it.

"happy.." natsu whispered as he and happy swooped in and out of the clouds.
"do you think lucy would've loved this?" he mumbled as a memory of lucy flashed through his mind. happy nodded. "aye. lucy likes these kinds of things, so i'm sure she'd love it."

natsu's cheeks heated. "...i'm going to make her fly when we find her."

"what do you mean, natsu?" happy innocently questioned. natsu smiled.

"i'm going to make her fly."

~ l u c y . ;

lucy set the paper down in her lap and covered her mouth. tears streamed from her eyes.

"natsu.." she whimpered. "natsu..!!" falling to her side, she grabbed the blanket and brought it close to her chest, hugging it. she inhaled their scent, missing the two dearly.

"h-he's not coming back...!" she sobbed into the blanket, her tears dampening it.

lucy didn't know what to do. she lost all she had, her home, her friends, family,.

natsu..

she lost everything.

lucy threw the blanket off of her and sprinted out of the bedroom. she skidded around corners, tripping into tables and over other items lying around the abandoned home. running out of the house, her bare feet stomped against the brown soil.

tears fell from her eyes like a waterfall. a long scream escaped from her lips. lucy couldn't hear how loud she was. everything from that point was a blur. her screams were muffled by her heart beating loudly in her ears and the thumping of her feet against the ground.

"nats--mmfh!!" a hand was smacked against lucy's mouth, cutting off her scream. "shut your damned mouth around here!" a familiar voice hissed in her ear.

her eyes widened and the hand soon fell from her mouth. the person walked from behind her and shown himself.

lucy felt more tears falling from her eyes. "g-gray?"

he softly smiled at her. "how have you been, lucy?"