Little Love Story

little something I typed up. not edited, properly punctuated, or grammatically correct but I don't care.

im sitting on of the aisles near the front. i got an aisle seat so I could get a perfect view of becca getting married. to my left across the aisle and a bit in front is her mom, brother, and him all dressed beautifully. he is sitting there in dressy clothes looking beautiful as usual, whispering something to my friend who's standing as a bridesmaid. im smiling because there are so many beautiful people doing beautiful things in the same room. he sees me and smiles and waves. it's been a while but I'm hoping to catch up. he's still with his girlfriend as far as I know but I don't see her around which confuses me. I smile back and wave though because even though a few years have gone by his face still makes my chest tighten up no matter how hard I've tried to suppress it.

fast forward

im sitting at a table watching as people dance together. i see my parents, beccas parents, her and her new husband, and others dance to a slow ed sheeran song (haha cheesy af). i start day dreaming a bit but then I hear someone sit beside me and see him watching everyone dance as well. he tells me him and his girlfriend broke up and I offer my sympathies because she seemed to mean a lot to him. he shrugs although there is a sad look in his eye. seeing that look makes me change the subject and we catch up, talking about his running, my school, how life has been. im giggling at something he said when he nudges my shoulder and reminds me of his ballroom dancing as a young teen and asks me if I can be his test subject to see if he has any left in him. immediately my heart starts beating really fast but i calm myself down and reply with a sly smile saying he better not step on my feet too many times. he rolls his eyes and grabs my hand which catches me completely by surprise and my heart picks up speed. we go out, he puts a hand on my waist and holds my other hand out while I put my other hand on his shoulder. i don't really know what im doing and feel slightly awkward so I start turning red but when he starts leading me and humming to the music I feel calm and light. we dance and dance and dance and it feels way longer than it is but when it's over he jokingly bows in front of me and asks how he did. i give him an eight out of ten which makes him scoff and reply he's sure he was better but he'll take it. we sit back down together and talk more and more. I wonder how I could've missed this part of him that can talk so much, but I realize I didn't know him completely at all when I was younger. i may have loved him but I didn't even know all of him, making love almost impossible. but as I started to know him more and our conversation led to a set coffee date to continue talking, i started to feel it again. the fifteen year old love inside me that I tried to cover up and ignore that had really stayed all those years. it was starting to grow again, and I had no intention of stopping it.