Elijah Kelley: Rough Around The Edges

BEEP BEEP BEEP
Fuck. You were tired. Couldn't get any fucking sleep with your favorite neighbors partying all night. Lucky for you this was the last day of classes until the fall.

You got up, took a shower and washed your hair, deciding to leave it curly for the day. You lotioned up and went to your closet to pick an outfit.

You slipped a gold watch on one wrist, and gold bracelets on the other

You slipped a gold watch on one wrist, and gold bracelets on the other. You pulled your fro up into a puff and looked in the mirror, satisfied with yourself. You grabbed your school bag and your purse, and walked out of your condo.

As you were locking up your annoying ass neighbor Elijah came over. "Hey baby. You lookin real good today, why you got my legs out for the whole world to see?" He said, looking you up and down.

Elijah was FIONE as hell, with those big brown eyes, smooth dark brown skin, and the whitest smile you've ever seen. But the thing is, he had nothing going for himself. All he did was smoke and sell weed and god knows what else. He had an abundance of money, but with the game he was in who knew if he would live long enough to spend it all? It may sound harsh but let's be real here.

You rolled your eyes at him. "Boy go on somewhere, ain't nobody covering up for you. And you better stop calling me baby before I get my boyfriend out here." You snap at him. "Who? That boujee ass nigga with the Bentley and college degree his daddy bought him? That man ain't never put any hard work in in his whole rich, spoiled ass life. Why you with him?" He asked you seriously.

You didn't really know yourself. I mean, Algee was a nice dude, treated you like a queen, graduated from college last year with a 4.0 gpa, and just generally had things going for himself. But he treated people who didn't have buckets and buckets of money like shit. He looked down on anyone from the hood and felt like he was better than all of them. It infuriated you because before your father made a name for himself, he was just another poor little black boy from the hood. But everything else about Algee was amazing so you looked past the one wrong thing about him, even though it was a huge character flaw.

You rolled your eyes again. "I don't have to explain myself to you. You not my man." You said smiling in his face.

You were ready to walk to your car when Algee pulled up. He hopped out of the driver's side and jogged around the car and up to you, kissing you on the cheek. He looked over your shoulder and mean mugged Elijah, before turning back to you. "I figured since today is your last day of classes I'd drop you off at school so I could pick you up and take you out later." He smiled at you.

"Okay

"Okay." You smiled and blushed at him. You walked over to his car and got in, looking out the window at Elijah. He smiled and winked at you, and mean mugged and clinched his jaw at Algee.

Those two hated each other and they both knew it.

Later on that night, Algee was dropping you off at your house. He got out of the car and opened the door for you, staring at your ass as you got out. "Baby girl you sure I can't persuade you to let me stay?" He said, his eyes full of lust. "Nah, I'm sorry bae. I have the first day of my internship at the magazine tomorrow." You say back, giggling at his hornyness.

He was about to open his mouth to say something else when you heard a crash for next door. Elijah was having yet ANOTHER party and it sounded like it was getting wild. Algee rolled his eyes and scoffed. "You sure you don't want me to stay just in case one of them hood rats next door decides to jump stupid?" He said clenching his jaw. "No Algee. I can handle myself, okay?" You said. "Fine. I'll text you when I get home." He gave you a kiss on the cheek and walked to the car. You unlocked your door and walked in the house.

You were sitting in your bed in a big t-shirt and panties, watching Love & Hip Hop: New York. "Man these bitches up here crazy." You chuckled to yourself. You were ready to turn off your tv and go to bed when you hear a hard thud downstairs. You raise an eyebrow and go in your closet, pulling out your taser. You creep over to your bedroom door and right before you can creep it open, it's busted in. A big light skinned dude about 6'4 stands in the doorway, looking you up and down.

"Hey t-there lil baaaaaaaaaaby. I see you already ready for daddy." He says sloppily. It's late as hell, he's in your house, he's bigger than you, and he's obviously drunk. Fan-fucking-tastic. "Look, I don't know who you are but you have about thirty seconds to see your way out of my crib before you get tased, on god." You snap at him, pissed off that this drunk bitch you didn't even know has the audacity to break in your house and ruin your night.

That's when his eyes turned dark.

"Oh so you don't want me no more? You prolly fuckin him ain't you!? I gave you the best 5 years of my live you nasty bitch! I can't believe you!" He screamed at you. You took a step back and put your finger on the button of your taser, ready to light his ass up. Before you could though, he ran at you and pushed you, slamming your head up against the wall. That's the last thing you remember before everything went black.

Elijah POV
"Aye man, any of y'all seen Keith?" I asked my homeboys Luke and Woody. "Nah man, last time I saw his drunk ass he was stumbling outside talkin' bout he goin' to talk to his ex-girl. Something about tryna win her back." Luke answered shaking his head. "Iight man imma go look for him." I said walking off.

I went to my backyard and didn't seem him amongst the people there, so I made my way to the front. I looked around the front yard and couldn't find him. That's when I looked over to Y/N house and realized her downstairs window was open. She never leaves her windows open or her doors unlocked.

So being the good neighbor I am I go over to close it for her. That's when I hear something crash upstairs. I don't even think as I jump in the window and run upstairs to her room. I knew exactly where it was because her house is the exact same layout as mine. I walk into her bedroom and see her on the floor, unconscious and Keith standing over her, with fire in his eyes.

Oh. Fuck. No.

Keith is my homie and all, but Y/N is my baby. Even if she don't know it yet. I walk over to him and turn him around, and immediately start whooping off in his ass. Who the fuck he think he is putting hands on her? When I get out of my head, Keith is laying there, passed out either from all the alcohol or the ass whooping. Either way he's lucky.

I walk over to Y/N and pick her up, running downstairs with her. I lay her on the couch, call 911, give them her address, and leave out through the front door. I go next door to my house and let everyone know the parties over and they gotta get the fuck out. Then I walk back over to Y/N's house and sit on the floor next to the couch until the ambulance comes. While they get her on a gurney I go upstairs and grab her some clothes and her phone and purse, I know she'll want it when she wakes up. I hop in the back of the ambulance with them and ride to the hospital.

God I hope she's gonna be okay man....

Make sure you guys are commenting so I can start writing personalized stories, and stories about the specific guys you all want to read about.

xo 😘