Prologue

Once upon a time, in the Enchanted Forest, an evil queen casted a dark curse to bring a population in a different world, where there was no magic. 28 years later, a saviour came to the new town, called Storybrooke, and broke the curse. But the potion to make the curse still existed and was used once again, by a different person, well two people. This time, the curse brought everyone back in the Enchanted Forest, but nothing was like before.

Emily Jones was the one the most hurt by the second curse. All her life, villains had played with her memory, mostly to hurt someone else. She finally succeeded to find the truth and to find her family. But with this new curse, she lost everything again. No one remembers his former life, unless it's something that can hurt them. But Emily put her blood in the curse, to be sure she still had control over her life. She remembers everything and she will use it to break this curse.

The problem is the way to break the curse. You need a kiss of true love and everything will be back to normal. Emily knows she's the one who need to break the curse, but she doesn't really want to. Her love interests are two lost boys she loved but she lost faith in both of them. One chose the power and the darkness because he was afraid love would be stronger than power and he would be weak. The other chose to keep a life he knew and he loved, even if that meant give up on love and betraying people he had learned to like.

Emily didn't want to be in love with any of them because of their common past, but she knew she would have to choose at the end. What mattered to her was giving a happy ending to the people she loved. She only wished it would not mean giving up on her own happy ending in doing so.