Chapter 9

We arrive at the port late in the afternoon. We hide away from the people to be sure no one see us before we find my father. Talia, Ben, Wyatt and the twins go looking for food for everyone. Later, Talia and Ben will go to the pub where I think my father will be. They said I need to stay with the boys because they consider me like their sister or their mother, and because we have already found a lot of posters of me so that many people can recognise me and arrest me. The best reason is that I need to look after Chris. No one really want to do it because of what he became. It's not a difficult task because he doesn't try to escape. He's happy we're going back to Neverland.

"Here, drink. You must be thirsty."

"Can you free my hands?"

"You wish. Open your mouth."

Chris smirks at me before drinking from the flask I'm putting at his lips. He doesn't stop looking into my eyes and seeing him like that, he looks a lot like Peter. Maybe the smugness comes with the power.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"

"You changed so much in so little time."

"That's the good thing with the power. Do you like it?"

"Not on you. You're supposed to be the good guy who helps me for breaking the curse."

"I quite like that curse. And you can always try to kiss me."

"Will it work?"

"There's only one way to find out."

He's still smirking at me as I turn my head to look at the lost boys around us. It's not fair for them to hide from everyone. They're just children, they should be playing around all day. Even if we'll probably be back on Neverland tomorrow, no one knows what's waiting for us there. Chris became dangerous because of Peter, I can't even imagine what Peter is now. And still, will I be able to kill him? Well, kill Malcolm.

"You should rest now. It's getting late and Talia and Ben are going to find us a ship."

"I'm hungry."

"The twins and Wyatt are coming back soon. I'll bring you food then."

"Why are you so sure they're going to convince your father and Emma to take you on board?"

"Henry gave me his book. And I'm pretty sure I can convince my father if he says no."

"Really? But you don't know what happened to him with the curse."

"I remember a promise Peter made me years ago. He told me he would never kill any lost boys and he would protect my dad, no matter what world he's in."

"You think he still remembers that promise? After so long? Even after this curse?"

"You know he never breaks promises. And I know in his twisted mind, he still cares about me. He doesn't want me to completely hate him."

"You sound like you already chose between Peter and I."

"Chris... When we left the island together, our mission was too find Henry. We brought him back but Peter didn't succeed in having his heart, and I'm thankful for that. But it means he's still dying and as much as I despise him, I don't want to let him die while I know I can help him."

"How?"

"I'm the daughter of Neverland. I have the power of the island, the power of belief. I'll find a way."

Chris doesn't say anything anymore, just looks at me like I was the most beautiful girl he ever saw, which is a little bit disturbing. Without his smirk, he just looks like a boy who went through hell and back. I would like to do something for him but I can't, not until we're on Neverland. And even when we will be, I'm not sure I'll find the right thing to do. Rumpelstiltskin said I would want to kill Malcolm, I'm so afraid he said the truth. After all, it's my only chance. I turn my head when I hear the boys calling for me. Wyatt and the twins are back, without Talia and Ben.