Chapter 13

I've had enough. I'm not a pawn anymore, I'm the queen. I don't need any king and I finally understand it. I don't need Peter or Chris, I need to save Talia and to break this curse. As I fly over the island, I think of a way to stop Peter. The only way to help Talia and the lost boys without killing him would be taking his heart. But he doesn't have one anymore and I don't have time to find it. I need time to find a solution.

"You fought well."

"I won't stop fighting."

"You're already dead, Talia."

"You wish."

I hear Peter and Talia before I see them. The lost boys are all on the ground, probably sleeping. Peter promised me he wouldn't ever hurt the lost boys, I know he keeps his promises. I touch the ground and hurry to help Talia. She's lying on the ground, with her sword in her hand, and Peter is in front of her, threatening to kill her.

"Leave her alone, Peter!"

"Emily!"

"How did you get out, Angel?"

"You already know that, don't you?"

I walk in front of him, looking in his dark eyes, to try to make him forget about Talia. He smirks.

"I thought you had the right to know. I wanted you to finally understand that you're not free. I controlled ever single moment of your life."

"Not anymore. I chose to be free under your curse. Now I'm choosing to stop you and break the curse."

He chuckles and starts walking in circle. I walk in opposite circle to always be between him and Talia. She stood up but I don't think she can still fight. She's a fierce warrior but Peter is too, and he has magic.

"If that was true, you would have already attacked me. But we both know you can't hurt me. You're in love with Peter Pan, Emily Jones, whether its Chris or me. And that's the reason why I always win. You're not strong enough to fight me. Love is your weakness."

"Love is the reason I'm here. It's the reason I got out of the hourglass. Love is a power stronger than you think."

"Really?"

"It's also because of love that you didn't hurt me, isn't it?"

"I don't do love. I don't have a heart anymore after all."

"Chris told me himself that your love for me created a heart."

"And I took care of it."

"Doesn't mean that another one can't be created."

He stops smirking and takes his sword out.

"Stop talking now. It's time for Talia to die and for you to be mine again."

"You wish."

While Peter and I were talking, Talia got up and took her sword back. After pronouncing those word, she pushes me and plunges her sword in Peter's heart, or at least where it's supposed to be. The sword comes out on the other side of his chest and Peter falls to the ground. I make a piece of wood appear in my hand and hit him on the head to make him pass out. I throw it away and fall to the ground. Talia takes out her sword and sits next to me.

"Thanks for coming."

"Sorry for being late."

"Are you going to explain everything to me?"

"It's a long story. Peter has two heart. Well, Malcolm has one and Peter Pan has one."

"I'm not saying I understand anything, because I don't. But right now, all I care about is stopping Peter from hurting anyone else."