Chapter 2

I stayed in silence for a little while. I don't know what I can do to avoid death or to get out of here and find Chris and Peter. But I don't want to die. I can't stay here until the last minute. I need to get up and talk to David and Mary-Margaret. They will listen to me if I use the right words. The word Emma.

"Hey, Rumpelstiltskin! What can I do to talk to the king and the queen?"

"So the lost girl doesn't want to die without fighting."

"I'm not supposed to die. Getting out of here shouldn't be hard, otherwise Peter and Chris wouldn't have put me there. What do I have to do?"

"You need to have something they want."

"Like what?"

"Make you brain work."

The right word is Emma. What do parents want? Their daughter. They want their happy ending. And I can find Emma and bring her back here. I just need to find Henry before so he will convince his mother to come back. And I know exactly who can find Henry. I think I have a lot of work to break this curse.

"Emma!"

I immediately hear noise. I only needed to talk about Emma to attract the attention of the guards. Great.

"What do you want lost girl?"

"I want to talk to the king and the queen."

"Nothing will change their minds about your death."

"I don't want to talk about my death. I want to talk about Emma."

"The princess is away from the kingdom."

"She's with Henry."

"No one knows where the prince Henry is."

"Why?"

"I'm not going to talk to you about that, lost girl."

"But Snow White and Charming will."

"The king and the queen won't come here for you, lost girl. You're going to die tomorrow and that's final."

"Maybe I will, but not without talking to them before. I can bring Emma back here and I can find Henry."

"You threatening the prince's life?"

"It's not what I meant. Look, just tell the king and the queen that I want to talk to them and I can help them. If they don't want to, then ok I'm ready to die tomorrow. But I'm pretty sure they're always interested in people who can bring them their happy ending."

The guard doesn't say anything else and walks away. Now, I just need to wait. I know if there is one thing David and Mary-Margaret would do anything for, it's their daughter. And if I find Regina, she'll use a location spell to find her son. And even if Henry is not with Emma, he's the best with the fairy tales. He will find her with my help and the help of the lost boys. I wait a long time before the guard finally come back.

"Can I see Charming and Snow White?"

"Give me your arm, lost girl."

"Why?"

"Give me your arm."

Hesitantly, I pull my right arm out of the bars. The guard takes it and put a cuff on it. I know this kind of cuff, it's to prevent me from using magic. Then, he opens the door and I can finally get out of here. He takes my arm roughly and leads me out of the basement where the prison was and to the castle. Other guards come to us to be sure I'm not going to try to escape. The people around us look at me with fear. Rumpelstiltskin said I didn't care about the people I hurt to try to kill Henry. I don't like people being afraid of me. The castle is even more beautiful once inside. We walk again before finally arriving in a room where David and Mary-Margaret are waiting. They don't look like a happy couple at all.