Tiny Village

Author's Note:
Inspired by ari-ridrake
Play the song while your reading or the whole playlist on Spotify or ITunes. Or what ever musical thing u have.

"I'll be back soon mom!"

A small girl with golden hazel-nut hair and golden hazel eyes closed the door behind her. She wore a mint green dress with a white apron tied around her waist. A mint bow that held her hair in a braid matched with her dress. She carried a basket with a book that was lined with gold on the spine and cover. When she stepped down her porch, two birds fluttered around her head, twittering and chirping. She smiled and looked around gazing at the scenery, then her eyes set on the village. Sighing she and made her way down to the tiny village. Looking up the bell tower, the hour hand ticked on the 8. People popped out of their windows greeting each other. She walked through the archway entrance, her heels clicking against the stone pathway.

Turning around a bend, the town crowded with villagers going about their business. Buying food, cloth, and other supplies for their needs. Others bargaining or arguing on the prices. She walked over to a man and took two rolls of bread and handed him two coins. He snatched the coins and put it in his satchel, the coins clinked together. She put the pieces of the bread in her basket and moved on. Then she heard whispers behind her but decided to ignore it. Passing the cattle pastures she stopped at the horse stables. Stroking a female chestnut horse with a star on her forehead. Two men came by and shooed her out of the way to get to their horse.

Walking down to the small library to return her book and get another one, a gunshot was sent through the air. Paying no attention to it she entered the building that was supposed to be a library. She waved to the librarian.

"Hello Père Slav, have any new books that were shipped in?"

A thin tall man slid down a ladder with a duster in his hand. After sneezing Slav greeted her back.

" Ah Katie, the only bookworm in town has come to bless me with her presence," Slav bowed as he joked. "I haven't got a new shipment yet but you're welcome to take another book you've already read. There is a 50% chance that I will get a shipment tomorrow. Where did you go this time? Any exciting adventures happen east of here?"

"One, you can call me Pidge. Two we went to the north-east part of Spain. I wish we never left." Pidge sighed looking out of the window. "It's so repetitive here, I really don't think I could take any of it for much longer. I want to run out of these borders and live my own life. Is that to much to ask for." Gazing at the lush green hills of the outside world.

"The only thing I know is life isn't that easy, it's rough. You have to live a life that you may not enjoy, but cope with it. But who am I to tell you what to do. 90% of the time someone follows their dreams it usually comes true." Slav nods.

"Thank you Slav." Katie picked up a rusty red colored book with bronze bands going around the spine. He smiled and started to stroke his chin.

"A true work of art if I do say so myself. I love the spine, but the bronze was difficult to get my hands on." Slav said proudly. Katie waved good bye and and walked out of the tiny makeshift library. Whisper after whisper was being passed around as Pidge passed by. She looked down and pressed the book near her face.

"Girls shouldn't be able to read."

"Is she ill?"

"Ugh who knows what trouble she'll get into while reading."

"She's way different then us isn't she."

Pidge shivered passing people doing their jobs. Her grip tightened on the book trying to drown herself into the book. But the outside world still pulling her back.

"6 eggs!"

"1 yard!"

"1 pound!"

Her urge told her to turn around to see what the villagers were doing. They seemed like they were surrounding her but seemed to be ignoring her. When Pidge turned around a dark figure tower above her. She shield her eyes and looked up, a man with dark brown hair and a scar was on his left eye. He was muscular and a huge blade was on his side. Along with a gun and a pouch of bullets.

(Just go with the flow on this. This is just for convenience for the story.)

"Ah Katie, it's nice to meet you again."

"Zarkon, huh, to what do I owe the pleasure. You want me to grovel at your feet and shower you with complements. And don't call me Pidge, it's Katie to you." Pidge muttered sarcastically.

She started to walk away from him. He followed along hastily trying to start a conversation.

"You know what I see Pidge, I see a beautiful lady and a handsome man with 10 children to continue the blood line of the Galra, preferably boys. You know who that woman and man Is? You and I could start something new." Zarkon blocked her path to the way of her home. "Every girl would love to be my bride but you don't, so why do you reject me?"

"You know, I want my life as my own so I won't be brought down by responsibilities like that. I'm not looking for love right now." She want to scream at him, how could she be the wife of an arrogant, greedy selfish man who only cares for himself.

She somehow managed to slip past him and make her way home. At Pidge's door Zarkon practically was begging her to marry him.

"Look, I honestly don't care that you like me. I would never marry you." With that she slammed the door in his face and locked it.

"You'll regret saying that! I will marry you wether you like it or not!" She heard Zarkon yelling at the other side of the door. She sighed with relief when he was finally gone. She went out the back door with the chicken feed, just incase Zarkon was still there. With full certainty he was long gone she went to go feed the animals. She angrily tossed the chicken feed to the chickens and refilled their horses' troughs. She also filled the goats' trough and milked two of them.

Pidge went back inside and went to the cellar to greet her mother. The woman looked just like Pidge but longer hair and green eyes. Smiling she saw her mother tinkering with a jewelry box. The box was sterling silver with jewels tinted on the sides. Jewels like rubies and emeralds shimmered in the light. Inside the box, a women held a baby. As it spun around a song played.

She hummed along with the little tune. Smiling without a care in the world. Then after awhile the song ended. She closed it and sighed then looked up at her daughter.

"Hi mom."

"Hi Katie"

Author's Note: I'm pretty proud of this. U haven't written something this long before. Maybe the next chapters are going to be longer. If you have any questions ask me and tell me if I need to correct anything.