Lost

This is going to Pidge's mom's point of view. So nobody gets confused.

Rover's hooves clicked against the stone pathway. While snapping the reins gently he snorted, leading the horse along. The hinges of the wagon squeaked as it bounced along at a steady pace. A few hours had passed since she'd left, and it started to rain a bit. Rover whinnied and nickered as it got worse. All of a sudden a tree at the side of the turn blasted with lightning. Rover panicked and buck up wildly.

"Whoa! Whoa there Rover."

Slowly the mustang began to calm down. But a new pathway was mysteriously opened up. Like it was magic. Colleen bit her lip, she knew it was too late to go back. Rover started to back away but with time, she encourage the stallion onwards. It's not like they had a choice.

It was bumpy at first but the path finally smoothed out into a tiny dip in the land. Like a valley but much smaller. It suddenly became colder, strange since it was the middle of July. She shrugged it off, it was dark out, it was probably the shadows. Then a very thin layer of snow started to form. Soon the snow formed into a layer of snow as Rover's steps crunched under it. Colleen stopped Rover and looked through her crates and found a warm cloak to wear and got a nice thick saddle blanket for Rover. Confused she just kept going in the inlet. Rover suddenly stop, and backed away frightened. Even more confused she tried to lead the horse along. But he wouldn't move, she instantly got concerned. She trusted Rover's natural instincts and something bad was going to happen.

Suddenly a howl rang through the air like a tower bell. Rover reared up and nickered in fear while starting to back away. Colleen uttered assuring words and tried not to panic. Then silhouettes of different wolves raced around them. Rover started to canter away wildly with Colleen desperately grabbing the reins. The mustang charged down inlet, the cart bouncing behind him.

A rock stood in front of the wheels. As it collided with it the cart tumbled to the ground, along with Colleen.

She scrambled to get up, the cart in ruins. Rover still galloped away with no turning back. Before she knew it the wolves were starting to surrounding her. Their snarls and barks were enough to show their teeth. Very sharp ones that could penetrate skin easily. They backed her up a wall, she was able to scramble up and grab a root of a tree. Terrified she tried to haul herself up, but only to a small unstable part. Unfortunately the wolves could jump up and bite her. She felt as she was about to slip into the jaws of death bellow.

Out of no where Rover stormed between the wolves. Colleen slid down and flopped on the horse's saddle. She scrambled on and held on to Rover's mane as the horse raced away. Terror lit up in both of their eyes. Wolves tried to surround the two, snarls filled the air. They kept running and running until a silhouette of a building came into view, no more like a castle. The gate was old and rusty as they slid into a stop in front of it. Colleen swung off Rover and started to open the gates.

"PLEASE! LET ME IN!" she screamed

Rover charged at the gates and unhinged them. They both went in and slammed the doors behind them. To their surprise the wolves were about a hundred feet away, cowering in fear. Relived she led Rover down to the castle's entrance. Conveniently a trough of water and hay was set under the castle's stair case to the entrance. She settled down and showed the hungry horse the food. He munched down on the hay, once Colleen knew he would stay put, she traveled up the stairs and knocked at the entrance.

The doors opened and she rushed in. She was about to thank whoever let her in but there was no one there.

"Hello? I'm lost and if you can direct me to the nearest village that would be wonderful."

Silence, but the she heard the fainted noise of murmuring around her.

"Please! I mean no harm! If you have directions, that's all I need!"

All of a sudden Colleen collapsed on the floor coughing. Shivering she wondered if no one inhabited this place, so she backed away towards the door.

"Wait mademoiselle! You look tired and hungry! Come sit with us at the dinner table."

Colleen looked around wondering who would say that. Looking around her eyes landed upon a strange candle and clock. The candle's flames didn't flicker orange but blue! Picking it up to inspect it, a face appeared and spoke.

"The dining room is to the right!"

She screamed in surprise and dropped the candle. Then the clock started to talk and move.

"Now you've done it Lance. Just great! Now Shiro will be sure to kill us. Letting a total stranger come in with open arms."

"She's sick! How can we just ignore this lady and let her die in the bitter cold. I would never let someone die because of that."

Colleen just stood there, watching the inanimate objects come to life. Arguing about her hospitality, out of all the things that could of happened. 

Lance cleared his throat and made a gesture with his 'hand'.

"Follow me if you'd like food and water from our finest cook."

The candle holder hopped away, with Colleen walking behind. She heard protests from the clock they had called Keith. More like angered shouts instead of protests. But Lance just chuckled and led Colleen to a table full of food.

"Oh, you sure your master will approve. I wouldn't want to make enemies with him."

"Mademoiselle, I assure you, any trouble you have with my master I can resolve. Now eat, I don't want your little cold to get worse."

Colleen sat down and punched down on the food. As she finished she coughed a little. Lance beckoned her over to another room. The room was spacious, high ceilings, furniture placed in each corner. A single chair was right in front of a burning fire place. She sat down, and was greeted by many other objects. A cart stopped to get right with a golden teapot on it. A teacup was decorated  symbol she wasn't familiar with. It was like a robotic feline head over a V shape with a diamond shape in the middle.(I'm sorry, no Chip)

"How would you like a cup of tea?"

The teapot tipped over and poured fresh tea into the cup. Colleen thankfully drank it all up. She inspected the cup a little more.

"What does this symbol mean?" She turned to Lance and pointed at the lion.

"It's a long story!"

"It's not like I'm going anywhere today."

Lance laughed but was interrupted by Keith.

"Are you sure we should share our ancient stories with an outsider?"

Lance pushed Keith away, "it is fine, and if she likes it she might spread the word and break you know what."

Keith rolled his eyes and waves his hand. "Carry on."

"Now let me share the tale of the 5 riders that saved the world!"

∾∾∾
Cliffhanger? Well I hope you enjoyed this.

Daisy? When's the Shidge parts going to start.

Be patient my friends. Hopefully I'll update soon so I can fangirl while I write.

~Daisy