Leaving

Katie's mom placed the music box down of a separate desk next to her. Smiling at the sight of her daughter.

"How was your trip to the market Katie?"

"It wasn't the best time I hoped for but I got the bread."
She said and handed her mother a piece. "I got a new book. Well it's still new to me even though I've read it three times already."

Her mother laughed, then realized a face she was trying to hide. "Hey, what's wrong? It's kind of obvious with that face you're trying to hide"

Pidge hesitated, then she finally confessed. "Mom.... Do you think I'm odd?"

"My daughter odd? That's the silliest thing I've heard! Why would you ever think the Katie?"

"Just I hear things. About me and I don't think they're complements. I just wish there was more in store for me."

"Katie, you don't need to worry about a thing that those stupid townsfolk say. They aren't talented or smart like you. Oh hey, I heard yelling upstairs. What was that about?"

Katie shuddered "Zarkon asked me to be his wife."

With that her mom choked out laughing even more. "That greedy rat himself wants to marry my daughter! Ho Katie I haven't laughed this much in awhile." She kept laughing and giggling until she finally settled down. "Do you want to consider his proposal?"

"No! Of course not!"

"Well now help me load the cart for the market will you now?"

"Of course mom." She followed her mother and helped haul the boxes up to the cart. She got their best horse, Rover, to pull the cart. She stroked Rover and gave his a ripe green apple. Chewing on it gratefully Rover launched sprays of apple juice at Pidge. Wiping away the juice off her face she lovingly stroked the horse's muzzle. Rover searched Pidge just in case she had anymore apples for him to eat. Chuckling she gently pushed his head away from her.

"Sorry boy, I don't have any more. You can have more when you get back." Pidge cooed.

"That should be the last crate mom. Anything else?"

"No, that's it." she hauled herself onto the cart. "What do you want me to get from the market?"

"A rose?"

"Katie, You always ask for a rose every time I go to the market. You sure you don't want anything else?"

"Yes I'm sure of it. Please mom? You always get it for me."

"Alright I will." The she clucked her tongue and snapped the reins. Rover shook his head and trotted off down the path. "Bye Katie! See you in about a day or two!" Her mom waved goodbye.

"By mom! See you soon!" Pidge waved back at her. She watched them go until they were out of sight. She walked up the steps and sat on the railings of their porch. A slight breeze blew littered foliage around. Gazing out at the land, past the village. Lush rolling hills, oak trees, and wildlife were all out before her. She just needed a reason to leave, to venture out of the village.

She instantly pushed those thoughts away. If she left who would take care of here mother. Even how hard it would be. Her life was at the village, not out there. Walking home grabbed her book and went up the stairs. She opened a door that led to her room. 

It was a small room, but it was home. A bed was in the corner, the bed sheets were a sage green just like her dress. The walls had wood coming up till the middle wall, above that had a wallpaper of vines. Next to her bed was a white night stand that held a lamp for reading. On another wall a tiny wooden bookshelf held about nine to ten books along with some storage compartments. Next to it a desk held a brush, one more book, a small hand mirror, and her sketch book. She fell into her bed as she opened the book she got from the library and started to read.

She remember most of the details, mythical flying robots, five pilots to fly them, and saving the world. Who ever wrote this book was truly a genius. Katie would of taken it with her if she didn't like Slav. Even though he could be annoying, the librarian was supportive and friendly. But most of all the only one, besides he mom, who really understood her. Noon soon turned to dusk, she made herself a small dinner. Some chicken and bread along with some clean water. Thankfully the village had a clean supply of water and heathy cattle, so that was an upside. Merchants usually came and trade for types of wine, leaving the villagers with fine silk, trinkets, and sometimes even books When she ate alone her book was always right next to her plate. Making sure she didn't spill anything on it, she reads.

Yawning, she cleaned everything up and went back up to her bedroom. After getting into her nightgown she sat down at her bed again and read, shining a light towards the book. She tried hard not to read all night, she usually fell asleep reading every time. This time was no different, after an hour oor so her head started to feel fuzzy. Her brain told her to lay down and read. She angled the light slowly towards the book as she settled into bed. Soon enough she drifted of to sleep, losing her page and leaving the light on all night.

Author's Note

This is a little bit shorter and I honestly didn't know what to do for the title. I'm not super proud but I can cope with it. I would love feed back and votes!