Consumed by Darkness (Chapter 4)

Nate looked at red-headed Lucas and wondered what could have happened. He didn't have to wait long however. the shadow spoke in a dark, deep voice that made Nate shudder. "Well, well, well. A seventh son of a seventh son. You will be more delicious than this little morsel." The shadow let the little boy go and sped towards Lucas. The shadow swirled around and around Lucas as he tried to get away by using Druid magic. When he failed yelled to the little boy. "Seamus! Get out of here! Run!" Seamus ran away as fast he could. At the same moment, the shadow forced itself into Lucas, who collapse to the ground. He shrieked and cried as his hair, which had shone bright as a fire seemed to die as it turned darker and darker. Lucas lifted his head and Nate saw his face, with eyes glowing red. It was obvious that Lucas was struggling for control and was apparently stronger than Nate had thought. Lucas started laughing maniacally as tears flowed from his eyes. Lucas then did something that should have been impossible. He took a sharp stick and stabbed his own hand. Then he used his blood to write a symbol on his head and his eyes cooled into a dark purple color. Lucas took a deep breath and stood up. Then he started walking in the direction that Seamus had gone.

Everything around Nate dissolved into the inside of a log cabin. In front of him, Nate saw black-haired Lucas looking at two red-headed, blue-eyes adults, one woman and the other a man. "Must be his parents." Nate thought. Seamus was looking around the woman's dress with curiosity. However, the adults looked scared. Then Lucas spoke nervously. "Hello Mom. Hi Dad. I'm home." Then he smiled brightly, the same smile he had before he had changed. However, Mr. and Mrs. McLyons looked even more scared.

"G-g-get o-out of h-here!" Lucas' mom stammered. Lucas looked hurt and about ready to cry but he turned around and walked away. Nate followed him silently for a while before Lucas stopped. Lucas glanced back at the log cabin and Nate saw his eyes flash red for a moment before returning to the purple color. Then Lucas started walking again in silence. Everything started to disappear around Nate, but not before he saw the black plume of smoke that arose from the direction of the cabin.