Easter

Author's Note: This is the last chapter I'm doing for this story. (I'm moving away from my weeb life)

Easter
April 16

The sky was blue, the sun was shining, and the birds were singing.

Hey. Long time no see.

Miku, her friends, and I headed to church for today's special occasion, Easter! Once we got home, we had to prepare.

"Okay, everyone! Who wants to go egg hunting?" I said to the crowd. Of course everyone raised their hand. This IS their first time doing this.

"One question. What is egg hunting?" Miku asked.

"It's a game where I hide plastic eggs around the house, and you have to find them. Inside is a reward for finding them. Shiny and big eggs have better rewards."

"While I hide the eggs, all of you can dye easter eggs. You dip hardboiled eggs into dyed water. You can choose your own color." Everyone seems to understand so far.

"Oh! Don't make a mess and don't peek outside!" They started dying the eggs and I started hiding the plastic eggs outside.

I hid the shinier and bigger eggs in spots harder to find, and occasionally I would see the curtains of our house move. Heh, cheaters.

After I was finished placing them all around the house, I came back inside to find a mess.

"Come on guys! I said not to make a mess! Oh well..."

"Hehe, sorry." Everyone said at the same time.

"Anyways, get your baskets, it's time for egg hunting!" Everyone cheered and grabbed their baskets.

"A rule just to be fair to everyone, only grab 40 eggs each. There are a lot of eggs out there, and I don't want someone to grab them all." Everyone's getting ready.

"3, 2, 1... GO!" They raced outside.

They all looked like they had fun. Half of them looked for the better eggs and the other half grabbed as much as they could. I cleaned up their mess, and surprisingly, the eggs they dyed looked nice.

There was a big red egg, carefully hidden in our yard. I buried it under a few bits of dirt and pebbles next to our fence. Unfortunately, no one found it. Fortunately, there was nothing good in it. Only a bit of candy and $50.

Well, that was our Easter.