A Plan Unfolds...

''It's you!'' Screams Erin at me. ''You left me to die in the forest!''

''I was trying to protect you! I didn't leave you to die! I could have killed you!''

''Well, isn't that a kind statement?! You deserted me and gave me a bottle of water and some bread!''

''If we stuck together, I would be forced to kill you in the end!''

''That's the way it's worked out now, isn't it?''

''We don't have to-''

I'm cut off by a flash of light, and the voice of a man whome I hate. The Gamemaker.

''Now, you don't want to tear each other apart, do you? Not yet, at least!''

I turn to him, and pull out my sword.

''Now, you have more dangerous things to be using that sword on than me.''

''What?'' Asks Erin.

''Well, you, of course have one last trial to beat before there can be declared a winner!'' He says as if he's talking about last night with a guy over coffee.

I should have known there would be one last trick! There always is.

''A trial?'' I ask, though I already know what he has planned.

''Yes. One last test. The last one standing wins.'' He snaps his fingers, and disappears. I turn to Erin, as I hear a growl, and the crunch of twigs.

I spin around full circle, and see the source of the noise. A reptilian beast. It has four legs, all with sharp claws, and three snake-like heads, all writhing, hissing, and fangs oozing poison.

Erin screams as it lashes out at her. She dodges out of the way, and I rush to her.

''Truce?'' I ask.

''Temporary,'' she replies.

I pull out my bow, and shoot an arrow into the one of thr heads. It falls, limp, but the other two remain.

One swings around, and hits me. I go flying backwards, and it shoots acid at my bow.

''No!'' I yell as I watch my bow dissolve with a hiss. I pull out my sword, and roll out of the way of another ball of acid.

I charge at the beast, slicing at a leg. The beast screeches, and tries to stomp on me. I manage to avoid it's feet, but it hits me with poisonous acid.

I fall to the ground, as I feel it burn my back. God, that hurts like hell... Am I dead yet? No. Thank goodness...

I roll over, unable to get up, and throw my sword at one of the heads. It's a desperate attempt, but it hits its target, and the heads crumbles to ash.

Now, all I can do is watch helplessly as it attacks Erin. Surprisingly, she's lasting. She manages to dodge quite a bit, and even lands a few hits. But she is being overpowered, and is becoming worn out.

Finally, the last head hits her, and she falls to the ground. She turns over, raising her sword, and the head plunges for the kill. I close my eyes, expecting a scream. A cannon blast. But nothing happens, and I open my eyes.

Erin's sword is through the beast's last head. It struggles to move, and finally falls, crumbling to ashes.

I struggle to get up, and finally manage to. I stumble over to Erin, and put out my hand. She eyes me warily, but shakes it.

''Well done. Good show. Good show.'' I hear the Gamemaker clap, and spin around to face him.

''You sick bastard,'' I spit.

''Now, no need to get upset. It's almost over.''

''Almost?'' Asks Erin.

''Yes. There is only one last thing to do, Erin. One last task.''

''And that is?''

''There can only be one Victor, Erin. Only one can survive. Get your revenge. Kill Jane. End it all. Finish her. Kill her now.''