chapter three; another day another victim

Charlie's patted Lucas on the back. "We're glad to have you here, Mr. Friar." Lucas smiled back at him. "I just couldn't miss the opportunity to catch Red Hot Hart." Charlie's raised an eyebrow at him. "Catch her? You must being really confident in yourself, Mr. Friar." "Oh I am." Lucas replied. "You know Red Hot Hart is one feisty girl. We've been trying to catch her for months, and we've barely got any clues. But we do have some of her background history." Lucas raised an eyebrow. "Can I see?" Charlie's went to his desk to get the papers. Lucas took them and read the title. "Katy and Shawn Hart found dead in an abandoned barn." "Oh man, no wonder she's like this. Her parents died when she was just a kid." Lucas then felt a little sorry for her. It must've been hard growing up with no parents..He continued to read. "Their daughter, Maya Hart was hidden in the closet when all of this happened. We asked her some questions, and she said there were four men with bandana's on their faces asking her mom and dad some serious questions. It soon started to get violent and Katy rushed to Maya and told her to go upstairs. Maya did as she was told and went upstairs and hid in the closet. It was silent for a few hours and she came downstairs. Her mother and father and the four men were nowhere to be seen." Lucas gave the paper back to Charlie. "I actually feel kind of sorry for Red Ho- Maya." Charlie's put the paper back in his desk. "Yeah we all did, until she started doing what she's doing." Lucas nodded. "You have a point, just cause her parents were murdered dosen't mean she has to kill innocent people." "Exactly." Charlie replied. Soon then, Farkle Minkus stumbled through the door. "Mr Minkus!? What are you doing here?" Lucas asked. "Well, I decided to come too! I couldn't let you be here all alone, Sheriff Friar." Lucas rolled his eyes and smiled. "Alright Farkle, I guess you can help too." Farkle smiled. The door opened and in came Riley Matthews. "Well hello, sheriffs." Lucas smiled. "Hello Miss Matthews." Charlie's looked and her and licked his lips. "And who may this be?" Charlie's said as he walked closer to Riley. Riley smiled at him. "My name is Riley Matthews. What is yours?" "My name is Sheriff Charlie's Gardener." "Hello Sheriff Gardener, it's a pleasuring meeting you." Charlie's kissed her hand and smiled. "The pleasure's all mine." Riley blushed a little. Farkle glared at Charlie. Lucas looked between the three. 'Great, another love triangle.' Lucas thought. Farkle looked at Lucas and whispered. "Who the heck does this guy think he is? Trying to steal my woman from me!" Lucas patted Farkle on the shoulder. "It'll be alright Farkle, I know she cares about you." Farkled sighed. "I love her, Lucas. I can't lose her." Lucas sighed. "I know buddy, I know."

Maya got up and put on her clothes. She grabbed her cowboy hat, gloves, black bandana, boots, and gun. She was ready to go. "Another day, another victim." Maya smirked. "Oh wait, I'm forgetting something." She turned around and grabbed her red lipstick. "Can't forget you." She kissed it and put it on. Maya smiled in the mirror. "Let's go." Maya crawled down the ladder of her attic and went downstairs. She grabbed some rope and went outside to her horse. She got on her horse and rode off to her next victims house. Maya got off her horse and walked over to the house. She knocked on the door. The door opened and a gasp was heard. "Where's my money?" Maya asked, harshly. "I-I don't have it..p-please don't hurt me.." Maya fumed. "You said you'd have it by now!" "I-I know I'm sorry..." "Sorry's not gonna cut it!" "P-please.." Maya reached for her gun. "N-NO PLEASEE!" Maya shot her. "You shoulda had my money on time." Maya turned around and hopped on her horse and galloped back to her house. Maya got off her horse and went back up to her attic. She looked at her gun and smirked. "Wonder how long it'll be till they find this one." Maya put her gun down and took her bandana off. "Well, time for me to relax." Maya propped her legs up on her table and drifted off to sleep.

*2 Days Later*

Isadora Smackle comes running into the Sheriff's office. "SHERIFF GARDENER! SHERIFF FRIAR! HELP!" Lucas and Charlie's rushed over to her. "What is it, Isadora?" Charlie's asked. "It's Sylvia! she's dead!" "Where is she." Lucas asked. "Up at the farm." Charlie and Lucas rushed outside and got onto their horses. Charlie and Lucas finally made it to the farm. "Oh no." Lucas got off his horse and rushed to her. Charlie did the same. "Shit." Lucas yelled. "Who did it?" Charlie asked. "Red Hot Hart..and she left a message." "What'd she say?!" "She wants to..meet me."

Dear Sheriff Friar,
I know why your here. Your trying to take me down. Well that's not gonna happen, prettyboy. This is MY town. No one will be able to find me. It's not that hard to hide from all of you, you are all so clueless and stupid. But I'd like to meet you sometime. I won't kill you, of course. Your too handsome to kill. But I will have something waiting for you, prettyboy.
Red Hot Hart

I hope you guys enjoyed this little chapter! I'm trying so hard to update you guys I'm really sorry, but I am about to make a new fanfic. It's based off of the game Life Is Strange if any of you guys have played that. It's going to be a Caulscott fanfic. I ship them sooo much they're literally my number one ship right now haha. But I love you guys and don't worry I'll continue working on this story too! Love you guyssss