Your Happiness | Ichinose Tokiya

Published: 28 mar 2017
Hey everyone! It has been a very long time since I have updated my one shots. But I decided to try again.

I have been having trouble with a very long writer's block. Nothing could inspire me to write really. But I hope you guys will enjoy this bitter sweet one shot. I know it's a bit different from what I usually write, but it is worth reading either way.

Thank you and enjoy.

_______________________

You have always admired him secretly behind the scenes. His voice was beautiful. Graceful and elegant like an angel's. His song gave you great motivation to do better. Perhaps that was why you decided to join Satome Gakuen in the first place.

You followed his voice into a school full of talent. It was a glamorous place. Music was the magic there. You had a tough time learning there. Never in a life time did you ever think of music becoming your profession. But it won you over in the end.

You spent countless nights studying music and understanding how to read it.

Fortunately, you didn't find yourself alone.

There was another girl at the library late at night. You found out her name after the third night you stayed there. Her name was Haruka Nanami.

She was a very sweet and shy girl. She was obviously very kind. At first you thought it would be weird if you suddenly talked to her. But she initiated the first conversation.

"Oh, hi there." Haruka lifted up her head from her books and smiled shyly at you.

You were only there to get some new books. You never thought you would actually talk to her. "Hi." You simply said with a smile, "are you here to study too?" It was a dumb question you thought. But she simply smiled and answered you back.

That was the start of a blooming friendship. You were so happy to find another friend at the school. It was hard for you to make friends, and she was just so kind to offer you her friendship. Together, the both of you studied hard at night to read music notes. It was a great change for once. You could finally talk to someone who you could relate to.

One night, you found out she came to Satome Gakuen because she was inspired to become a composer because of Hayato.

"Who's he?" You asked clearly confused with the name. You never heard of Hayato before. She explained to you that he was a idol. An idol more suited for kids singing cute, happy songs. However she said he was her hero.

"When I first came here," she started to say, "I was getting a headache. Everything here in the city was noisy and it was getting too much for me." She paused and smiled, "I thought I was going to faint on the sidewalk, but Hayato-sama saved me with his song." She described how the large screens played his songs. Her ears had quickly caught onto the cheerful tone. "His song gave me energy. From then on, I knew I wanted to make songs just like him."

You couldn't help but listen to her awe-inspiring story. It was quite similar to yours.

"I also became inspired in music." You said, "Haruka-san, I'm so glad we have so many similar interests."

Despite how fun it was to spend time with her, you still wanted to find the person who inspired you to come. He was starting to fill your mind. You knew how he looked like, but you never caught his name. It would be weird to you to suddenly go up to him and say, "hello I enjoyed listening to your singing. What's your name?"

You saw him one day with Haruka. It was surprising that the person you looked for was right there with one of your close friends. You really wanted to go up to them and say hello. But that just wasn't part of your personality. As a result, you decided to watch them in the shadows. Luckily you chose to do that because more guys started to appear. That was a close one, you saved yourself from an embarrassing situation.