Chapter 2

They woke the next morning when Rose's alarm went off, she was laid half over Alec and just within reach of her phone. She needed to cover up her mother's departure so no-one would get suspicious. Alec grabbed her waist as she put the phone back down and she squealed, turning towards him as he pulled her into a kiss. They fooled around for a while then Rose said she should get dressed and join her mother for an early breakfast to say goodbye. He tried to persuade her to stay in bed so she made a deal with him that if he let her go she'd come back for him and they'd go back to the beach. He agreed and so he went back to sleep, it was only seven.

Rose said goodbye to her mother and they went down into the car park where they had arranged for a taxi to be waiting. Jackie promised if she saw the Doctor, she wouldn't say anything about Alec. She asked Rose what she was going to do if he came back and she said that she was staying with Alec. As promised, she went back up to her room, just after eight and Alec was still asleep. She stripped down to her underwear and slid back into bed, resting her head on his chest then sprawling her legs over him. He opened one eye and smiled as she'd kept her promise. They started kissing as Rose worked her way on top of him and they made love again.

They got up and got dressed and Alec wanted some breakfast since he missed out earlier, then they went back to the beach but this time, he had his swim shorts under his jeans and went in the water with her, having left his phone at the hotel. They ran into the sea and Rose discovered he didn't really like to go too far and as she swum a bit further out, she realised he wasn't with her. She looked back and he was a fair distance away so she turned around and swam back to him, seeing the worried look on his face.

She caught up with him, she was now standing up in the water opposite him. "I thought you were behind me, don't you like swimming?"

"No, I thought we were only going to splash around again like yesterday. I don't like the water much, not like that. Something happened a long time ago and I'm not keen now. I don't mind standing up in it or going in a swimming pool but not the open sea or a river, sorry. Don't let me stop you though, if you want to swim."

"No, not without you, I'm not bothered, we can just splash around again," she said, as she bent down and started flicking water at him, then running off.

He chased after her, catching her and they fooled around for quite some time, laughing, then lying on the warm sand. They went for a late lunch at the pub then for a walk down the coast, walking arm in arm. They found a deserted part of the beach and sat down on the rocks then started kissing.

"Now, don't you think it's time you really told me about yourself Rose? I can tell you're missing something out. I want to know everything if we're going to spend time together. You do want to spend some time with me, don't you?" Rose nodded.

He took her hand and they got up and walked down to the water. He put his arms around her and stood behind her, kissing the back of her neck. She turned around to face him, deciding she should come clean with him, he'd understand, he must have heard about what had been going on in London in the past few years. So she took a chance. They sat down on the beach side by side and she asked him.

"Alec, you must have heard about all that stuff that's been going on in London, those students and that film they were making." Alec nodded. "What about a few years ago, those plastic shop dummies coming to life, the spaceship over London last Christmas and people being hypnotised then that spaceship crashing into Big Ben? Do you believe they were a hoax too?"

Alec had a smile on his face, he'd been in Glasgow when he'd heard about these hoaxes that some very inventive students in London had come up with more than once, fooling almost the whole population and the media into thinking it was all real. It had hit the national news as well, it had been so well organised that people wanted more, it was almost captivating but a nightmare for the Police. Plus there had been the time when the students had actually attempted to blow up Downing Street and then a gas main had exploded and reduced the building to rubble. Yes, he'd heard it all and then this latest episode with them dressing up as some metal creatures only a few days earlier but that had died down as suddenly as it had started.