Surprise, Pine Tree!

I was sitting on my bed in the attic of the shack reading journal 1, 2, and 3 for the thousandth time when I heard the door to Mable's bedroom swing open, hitting the wall as she came flying up the stairs. 

"Dipper! Dipper! Dipper!" I let out a slight scream and my journals went flying up into the air.

"What, Mabel?" I felt my face start to heat up. This was the third time she had done this today.

" Haha. I just love to scare you!" Mabel started chuckling and leaned against my desk for support. "This is the last time I'll scare you, okay? I promise. I just wanted to tell you the I am going to see a movie with Candy and Grenda. I will probably be back in a few hours. 

"Uhh, Mabel." I looked over at my digital clock. "You DO realize that it's already 10:00, right? Grunkle Stan would kill you if you went to a movie this late."

"Don't worry about me, bro bro! I'm going with a group so it's safer! And besides, Grunkle Stan is out of town for some "business inquiries" which, come to think of it, makes it sound like he is going to destroy something and come home in a police car.. Any who! I will be perfectly fine. I was gong to invite you until Candy and Grenda told me they were bringing me a surprise date. Sorry, bro. There are only so many seat belts!" Mable started to head back down stairs. I chuckled and told her to have fun.

"Hey, Dipper! Don't bore yourself to death while I'm gone, okay? Get some fresh air! Love ya!" I heard the front door slam shut. 

I watched as she got in a car that pulled up and rode away, getting further and further away from the shack. 

After having lived in Gravity Falls for a few years, I still get pretty paranoid. I ran around the shack, locking every window and door and turning on every light. Once I finished my routine "Safety Sweep", I grabbed a can of Pitt Cola and climbed the ladder to the roof. 

I climbed to the highest part of the roof. The stars were so beautiful. I sat there, gazing at the sky for about twenty five minutes before it started. My vision began getting cloudy and I was no longer gazing at the sky. I laid my head in my hands as uncontrollable tears started flowing down my cheeks. I failed to hold back sobs. I leaned back so I was laying on the roof with my legs dangling over the edge. I stated to sob even louder.

"Hey. You okay?" I heard a voice not too far away from me. I shot up and stood, panicking to find the who- or what- the voice belonged to. There was a boy standing on the opposite side of the roof in the shadow. He looked to be about 17 or 18. 

"W-w-who are y-you?" I stuttered out half because I was scared and half because I was still trying to hold back sobs. "Show yourself, please. C-come into the light" He stepped closer. He had shiny blonde hair that looked brown when you weren't looking at it straight on. He had smooth looking skin and golden eyes. His right eye was covered by an eye patch, along with his glistening locks. He was rather odd. He was wearing a black dress shirt with a golden vest and bow tie. He wore black pants and a yellow brick-patterned coat that reached his feet at the back.

"H-how did you get up here?" I had no clue why or how the boy got to the roof. I didn't recognize him and it's not like I have any friends that would want to check up on me. That's the true reason for my sobs. My 16th birthday is soon and it has been nothing but a reminder of how worthless I am, with no friends. 

"W-who are y-you? And h-how did you get up h-here?" Tears began to fill my eyes again.

"Don't worry! Don't cry! It's okay. Please, Dipper." The boy knew my name. I studied the suddenly familiar- but lower sounding- voice.

"BILL? H-How? What are you doing here? W-why are you human?" I felt my foot slip and before I knew it, I was falling down to the ground. I felt a warm body wrap around my torso and guide me safely to the ground. Bill wiped tears away from my cheeks and I felt my face start to heat up. 

"Bill. Thank you for saving me, but you can't just go around in other people's bodies. That's not okay. You need to give it back. U-unless you made your own. Y-you did! Bill, how on earth did you create a body without telling me? I have been wondering where you have been since the night you stopped controlling my dreams so that there were no nightmares. Why didn't you tell me? I HAVE BEEN THINKING YOU HATED ME OR SOMETHING! I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS, BILL. A NOTE FROM MY ONLY ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE!" 

He pulled me into his chest and I felt him wrap his warm arms around me again. He was a bit taller than me, so he rested his warm face on the top of my head. I felt my anger, frustration, and sadness from that day melt away. "Surprise, Pine Tree."

I pulled the collar of his shirt down and planted my lips on his. When I pulled away a couple of minutes later, both of us gasping for air, he was blushing even more than me.

A/N

I know it wasn't the greatest. I hope to get better at this whole "writing thing". I will take any suggestions that you have. Thanks for reading!