The Forest

Mabel and I exited the taxi as soon as it pulled up to the shack. It looked the same as always. 

Grunkles Stan and Ford were standing on the porch signalling for us to go inside. Mabel ran up to them and gave them a giant hug. I turned my back to them and looked out to the forest. I have always loved that forest. It gives me a sense of protection and belonging. 

"You coming, Dip?" Mabel called out from the door. I glanced back for a moment before dropping my bags and sprinting towards the thick, mysterious trees. 

My lungs started burning and my legs felt like they were being chiseled away. I didn't stop running. Trees and bushes kept biting at my clothes and skin, but I just kept moving. I checked my watch. I had been running for ten minutes. I lifted my head back up to look where I was going, but I couldn't react quick enough. My foot got lodged underneath a giant tree root and my face smashed into the ground. I heard a slight crack and my nose started to bleed.

"Fantastic. Just wonderful." I called out sarcastically to no one in particular. 

I moved to sit underneath the tree that was to blame for my stinging face. I looked up to the sky to see that it was full of beautifully bright stars. The big dipper was right above me. I admired it as I felt hot tears started to roll down my face. I closed my eyes and pictured their faces again. I tried to hold back sobs, but failed, deciding that there was no one that was going to hear them anyways.

"Hey, are you okay, Pine Tree?" I snapped my head to the direction of the voice. I saw the familiar blonde. 

"Bill. I-I don't know."

Tears kept streaming down my red cheeks. Bill came closer and sat down next to me. 

"What's wrong, Pine Tree? Why are you upset?"

Bill's eyes were a soft blue and his blonde and black hair started turning a sad gray.

"It's my parents, Bill. T-t-they d-died." I was having troubles talking in between sobs. 

Bill pulled me in close to him and my heart started to melt as my face started to turn a darker shade of red.

"I'm sorry, Pine Tree." Bill looked genuinely sad and he started to stand up. Being sad makes him extremely uncomfortable. 

"No, wait. Bill?"

"Yeah, Dipper?"

"Please stay with me."

Bill sat back down and intertwined his body with mine. I felt the calming heat of him all over as our eyes slowly closed and we fell asleep in each other's arms.