Chapter 4: The Unexpected

My eyes slowly open and began to scan the room. My eyes fall onto Amara, but that isn't what has me letting out a high pitch scream.

Amara and the sleeping person abruptly wake up and start to look frantically around the room. When Amara's eyes land on me, her eyes widen and she rushes over to me.

"What's wrong, C?" She asks, but she doesn't seem like she is effected by this stranger in our room or maybe she didn't see her.

"Do you not see the stranger standing in our room!" I practically scream in her face. Her face scrunches up, no doubt that she can smell my morning breath but I couldn't care less. Her face slowly morphs from disgust to confusion to realization and finally to one of amusement.

"Carina, That is Zoe-" She ends up erupting with laughter, along with that Zoe girl, before she can finish her sentence. " You don't remember last night..." She finally manages to say after she stops laughing.

I shake my head no, but I stop midway through when all the memories come flooding back to me. I smile sheepishly at Zoe once I realize who she is and mutter an apology. Once again, the two girls erupt with laughter while I have a scowl on my face.

"Ok, ok. Let's forget about my little moment there." I wait until they both stop laughing before i continue, "What is the plan for today?"

"Well, were are going to head back to the diner after we pack up, then we can head back over to the woods. From there, we can just keep running until night fall." Zoe and I both somenly nod our heads in response to Mar's plan.

"Where are going?" Zoe's voice is soft when she asks this question and is laced with confusion.

"We have no clue, we are just running." Zoe looks as if she is thinking about something before she speaks up.

"I have an idea of where we can go." Zoe sounds slightly unsure of her suggestion which causes me to ask, "Is it safe?"

She hesitates for a moment until she nods her head and smiles at Amara and I.

"Well I guess we do have a chance of settling down after all. Zoe lead the way." Amara is cheerful and her words hold hope. Zoe began walks out of the motel room followed by a gleeful Amara.

As the two walk out of the room, I reach down to pick up my bag while ignoring my gut feeling that tells me something is wrong.

-----

We are currently running through the woods, play fighting, per usual. Before we got on the road, we made sure that our wolves became acquainted and now they are the best of friends.

Zoe informed us that we should be running North and now, Amara is running ahead of us in that direction while Zoe and I are trailing closely behind.

I look up and realize we must have been running for several hours because the sun is starting to set.

"We should probably find somewhere to camp out." The sound of Amara's voice travels through my mind.

"Sounds good, We are basically at our destination." Zoe informs us and my wolf lets out her version of a sigh.

Amara suddenly decides to bear right and we continue to follow her until we reach an opening. The field holds a family of deer.

My wolf begins to slowly kick her snout with her tongue at the sight of our dinner. She turns her head towards Amara and nods it in, so she can show that she approves of of Amara's wolf's meal choice

All three of our wolves slowly began to stalk the deer as we crawl on all fours. I take the middle while Amara takes the left and Zoe takes the right.

I continue to crawl until I am good distance from the deer, I slowly turn my head, careful not to make any noise and check to make sure Zoe and Amara are ready. Once I see that they are in place, I turn my head straight and give the signal.