Chapter 2 - REWRITTEN

AND THE MAIN CHARACTER IS..... Surprise. You'll see in the next chapters.

UPDATE FROM 09.11.2020 - Welp, I am just gonna ghost and update all of my chapters one by one until my muse hits me again. Heyo, peeps! <3 

.......

 The pain was overwhelming, the noise of cracking bones. I know I must have broken something, but the pain was too much for me to comprehend. 

But on all of that, I managed to hear her. Her precious voice. My master's voice. 

She sounds broken. 

Could it be.... 

Soo-Won, you bastard.

 .¬.¬.

 Min-soo popped from nowhere, offering the General a bottle to drink from. 

 "Is it alright to leave the princess alone, General?" He asked.

 Hak, taking a sip from the bottle, turned around, facing the sky. He felt odd, but decided to hide it from the young boy. 

 "She is accompanied by Lord Soo-Won at the moment. She should be fine." The blue-dressed General murmured.

 "The princess' feelings have reached the lord, finally?!" Min-soo exclaimed happily, but then his expression darkened, "I am feeling odd, I wonder where miss (Y/N) went to again."

.¬.¬.

 Yona's voice cracked as she tried to speak. Tears were hot on her cheeks, eyes wide in horror. 

 "Father...is... S-Soo-Won, call a doctor!" 

 King Il's body was lying on the floor, no sign of life.

 "His eyes will never open again." That sharp, cold voice. It was not the voice of the calm, happy Soo-Won that Yona knew... "I killed him."

 "N-No..." She trembled. Everything was so confusing. She could not beliebe him. She couldn't believe this is happening!

 "I have lived for this day." Soo-Won murmured, his cold gaze staring into the nothingness. 

 "What are you saying?! Father loved you, as you were his child! He cared for you!" 

 "And I loved him as well...", The blonde-haired prince interrupted the princess, making small, quiet steps towards her, "I loved him, despite everyone calling him a coward. That was what made this man kind. But my father, Yu-Hon, everyone knew he'd become king... Instead they chose his little brother, Il... Nobody knew why. But my father never showed that he was bothered by that. In fact, he smiled and promised, that he will continue to fight for this country. No matter what." He paused, taking a few silent breaths, looking at Yona's pale face. "I was proud of my father, I was proud of everything that he did, everything that he achieved. I wished I was like him. I desired to be the best like him. But Il... the innocent younger brother... king Il... killed him. With no shame."

 The words pierced the princess, as if someone had stabbed her through her heart. The story she knew was that her uncle, Yu-Hon, had died from an accident. Nothing more, nothing less. 

 "King Il made it look like as an incident, and despite his disgust of weapons, he killed his own brother by blood, with a sword in hand. I have waited 10 years for this! I inherited my father's dying wish and avenged him. I will become the nation's next king!" 

 A roar in the night sky could be heard. Soo-Won thought as if the wind was crying as well, in this unfortunate, beautiful, disgusting night.

 "Tell me, princess Yona... why did you come here tonight?"