Chapter 4

The sun was shining bright with it's last rays of hope, promising a new, better tomorrow. Yet again, (Y/N) hated the sun this time.

The sun was her enemy at the very moment when Yona fell from the cliff, together with Hak.

"You bastards!" She roared, slamming her body against the weapons of the Fire Tribe men.

Kan Tae-Jun noticed with horror in his eyes, that the woman in front of them was inhuman. Her left eye was coloured with the beautiful mauve and the higher parts of her hands were covered in dragon scales.

"W-What are you?!" He shrieked as she approached the cliff.

"The nightmare that will haunt you until you die." Those were the last words she said before pushing herself as far as she could from the rock.

(Y/N) was pushing herself to her limits.

Without the power of the Mauve dragon that worked effectively mostly at night, she could not fly with them on her back. She was to protect them and she felt miserable for failing to do so.

'I can't let them die. I won't!' She cried out, grabbing the end of the dress princess Yona wore. The fine material this simple dress tickled the part of (Y/N)'s body which was not covered on clothes (and scales).

She was to be called the "Everlasting dragon", such things from falling down a cliff with her friends on top of her was not going to kill her... Right?

"(Y/N)?!"

****

Yona woke up with a pounding pain in her head, her eyes blurry at first. She felt something drip on top of her forehead. Later, her vision was clear and she could see someone.

A boy, to be more precise, slipped an orange slice in her mouth as if to prevent her from talking, but that did not stop the red headed' curiosity.

"Who are you?"

"I am Yoon, a good looking person... Uhm, forget the last part, please." He muttered, his eyes dazzling somewhere else. "And who are you? You don't look like bandits or something..." He paused as if thinking for the best word to replace with something, but gave up, changing the topic with the speed of light. "You are very lucky to survive the cliff."

"Cliff? Yes, we did from..." Yona gasped, her eyes scanning for a certain person. "Hak?! Where is he?!" Soon spotting him, she cradled near him, praying for his fast recovery.

"He did go through a lot for you, that's for sure, considering the deep wounds he had received from both the cliff and... a battle, I guess? But the woman there is in a much worse condition. Apparently, from what I can see, she has taken the whole damage from the cliff, because when I found you, both you and the boy were lying on top of her. But I don't think that it is the only thing that causes pain in her body." Yoon explained, pointing towards a woman, whose face was half concealed. Most of her body was wrapped in bandages, more or less the same as the Thunder Beast, but his did not get soaked with blood with every passing minute.

"(Y/N)..." The princess thought she would never see the face of the only woman, who treated her equally, like a sister. Then the image of her scaled face and hands popped in her mind, while falling down the cliff.

Alerting herself for this inhuman capability, Yona shrieked, backing away a bit from (Y/N).

As if reading her mind, (Y/N) smiled weakly.

"I am s...sorry.... I didn't want.... To scare you..." Her sentence was followed with a groan from the incoming pain that embraced her whole body.