Episode 4: Lune Guild

Lua escorts us to a black tile-roofed estate. The place contains a Japanese style garden with a tiny waterfall, bridge, and cherry blossom trees included. In addition to the cherry blossoms are wisteria and plum blossom. At the far north-eastern edge of the garden, beyond the bridge, lays a tiny shrine.

"Who is that shrine for?"

Lua chuckles. "Why for me of course."

"You're a goddess?" our unnamed teammate says.

Lua nods as she floats away. "Yup! Though I'm not the only one. I'll warn you now. Be wary of the other deities, they aren't nearly as nice nor as cute as I."

Not that she's very nice herself.

"Hey! I can hear your thoughts ya know?"

Yikes!

She pouted. "You got to learn to respect me, mortal. Now. As I was saying earlier, you will be forming a guild. You're to choose a leader and a name. There might come a time in which you'll find yourself against the other guilds so you should focus on finding new members. Not everyone has joined one. In fact, only a quarter have joined guilds. There are several that hope to be lone wolves, thinking that's cool and stuff."

Reminds me of the main character from that one anime. Though he did join a guild. Oh no. The guy's guild was killed off entirely. I should be careful of making such mistakes.

"Are there any dungeons?"

Lua grins. "Yes. Though it's recommended that one obtain a certain level prior to partaking in a Dungeon Hunt. Having a guild will make it easier to transverse one. To be honest, the majority of the lone wolves will most likely drop like flies later on."

"And here I was thinking of being one," the shy girl says as she keeps her eyes on the ground.

"You're one in real life, aren't you?" Lua asks.

She flinches but nods anyways. "Uh... yes."

"As am I," I say as I cross my arms. "There is a certain appeal to being a loner in games though."

Adriana nods.

Lua shakes her head. "Well Heaven's Sword Online isn't the best game for that. As you'll soon see. Now, I'll leave you to settle in. Don't forget to choose a leader and a name by night time or I'll choose one for you."

"Got it!" I say as I cross the bridge. "Now go and enjoy your stay in your tiny home."

Lua grumbles once more before vanishing.

"What an interesting character that 'goddess' is," calls out a voice. Walking in through the front gate is a short blond haired Asian looking guy. He looks around twelve. Just how young did they allow their beta players to be?

"Who are you?" I ask, tiling my head.

The boy puts his hands inside the front pockets of his black jeans and smiles. "I'm Rin Amari, a Pro VR player from Kyushu, Japan." His sky blue eyes surveyed the garden and the main house behind me. He took a step forward and drew a black device resembling the handle of a foldable knife. A ray of brilliant blue light emerged from the opening of the black thing and took the form of a katana's blade.