Episode 10: Second Day

When I come to, I find myself in a bed situated next to a window with the sun warming up my body with its gentle light. To my right is a small bonsai in a black pot. On the other side of the bonsai is Rin's bed; blankets looking as if they weren't touched at all last night. Wish that I could prepare my bed that neatly. 

Throwing the covers off, I stand up and look around for my clothes, having only my pants on.

"Your clothes are here," Tae-young calls out as she opens the door. She walks in and smiles at me. "Adriana and I washed them for you."

My face flushes. "Thanks." I narrow my eyes. Why isn't she blushing? Normally shy girls like her blush even if a guy is only half naked. Is my avatar not as attractive as I thought? Or perhaps she has no interest in guys.

"S... stop staring," she says, turning around, face bright red. "Adriana and I will wait for you outside." She shuts the door behind her before I even have the chance to ask her why they're waiting for me.

I dress down and run out of the room, only to find myself in a long and narrow hallway.

"Lost?" Rin says, heading toward me. "The girls are over that way." He points behind himself and smiles. "You sure spent a long time sleeping. Alla already woke up and headed out to train, as did I. She should be back."

"Do you know why the girls are waiting for me?" I ask.

He nods, putting his heads behind his head. "Yeah, they're going shopping." He sighs and turns around. "Sadly I got to go along with you too." He leans his head back, glancing at me. "At least there'll be another guy."

I sigh. I understand what he means. Shopping can be rather boring. Though I'm not sure that I'll have much to talk with the kid. Taking a glance at my clothes, I start to wonder what kind of clothes they have for sale here. Perhaps I could purchase some better armor than the one I had on now; only part of that can be considered proper armor being the chest plate.

I follow Rin to the main lobby of the compound. Its a modern looking room with marble flooring, steel beams, and large windows. Next to the windows are quartz tables and straw chairs, allowing for an excellent view of the garden. Whoever designed the town sure had a lot of influences put into it. Could there be some Mesoamerican inspiration too? Or perhaps colonial Mexican buildings?

Tae-young who is pushing Adriana on a golden wheelchair, comes out of another hallway. "Good, you're here," she says, grinning. "Now, let's head out."

"Where did you get the chair?" I ask, staring at the strange orbs at the end of the handles.

"It's her weapon," Lua says, appearing behind me. She leans in close to my ear, grinning at the sight of my red face. "I meant to give it to her yesterday, but forgot."

I narrow my eyes at her, pushing her away. "Right. You just wanted to watch her struggle for your own fun."

"I..." Adriana starts saying. She pushes herself off of her wheelchair, stumbling into me.

"You alright?" I ask, smiling. Just before she stumbled she had walked for a few seconds. "Are you slowly getting used to it?"

She nods as she slowly moves away. Her face is so deep red that I can't help but smile at her cuteness. I'm so glad that I listened to my sister after all.