Episode 9: Lune's Leader

"This is no glitch, dear sister," a masculine voice echoes throughout the garden. A young black haired man with golden eyes that shine like the sun leaps from the black tile rooftop of the main complex, landing on top of Lua's tiny shrine.

Lua shoots the cloaked young man a glare. "Sol, what are you doing here?"

The young man shrugs as his lips curve into an impish grin. "Came to check up on how you're handling the newbies. So far I've checked out every single one of the guilds but this one seems to be the most interesting." He vanishes and reappears next to the barrier. Holding a hand out he makes it glow pink. "There, that should hold Tae-young's attack."

"Not a glitch?" Lua asks, eying the giant black and purple sphere.

"Just watch," he says, crossing his legs and taking a seat on her shrine.

If it's not a glitch then... I glance up at the sky and see it darken. "Wait, this is her final limit!"

Sol chuckles. "Correct. Seems that she managed to change it up this time."

The darkness lingers for what feels like an eternity until it finally subsides. Once it does a small sphere formed from several tiles drops to the ground with a thud. Covering its surface are several craters and cracks but no signs of the person within.

Tae-young descends as well, landing a few feet from it. She grins her sword with both hand and charges at the sphere. The enormous stone cracks open before even reaches it. She steps back in shock as blood trickles down her right shoulder.

"Almost had you," Alla says coldly as he lowers her weapon. She spins it around, raising a dust storm between them. "Though it ends here. You used up your final limit already, while I haven't." She forms miniature pebbles from the dust, sending them flying at the speed of bullets from a machine gun.

Tae-young winces as a dozen hit her, but she manages to craft a shield out of shadows to get rid of the others.

"You still won't give up? You're just like that boy."

I eye Rin who isn't even blinking. His hand are curved into fists.

A chuckle escapes my lips. Alla really does make a great rival. She's like a mountain that must be overcome. But, what about the winner of the World's Gate World Tournament? Just how strong is she? Goosebumps dot my sink just thinking about it.

Tae-young dances around in cicles, forming arrows from the darkness making up her shields.

Alla steps forward and blocks the arrows with an earthen shield, while thrusting her spear through Tae-young's barrier. The shadows dissolve and Tae-young falls to her knees, carrying the spear with her.

"The winner is Alla!" Sol yells before Lua can.

Lua shoot him a glare but he just smiles childishly.

I snicker, thinking that even Lua has her own kind of Lua.

Alla straps her weapon back on her back before walking over to Tae-young. "You did well."

Tae-young chuckles as her wounds close, thanks to Sol's healing from afar. She takes her former opponent's hand as her face reddens. "I... I didn't do that great. Uh, just how strong is the number one player of World's Gate if Rin and you are this strong?"