°↭5↭°

Ein

We've been watching Black Butler for a few hours now, and Aphmau's face is boiling red. Maybe because my arm around her. Oh well.

She is leaned over onto my body lightly, her arms hesitating to go near me.

I look down to her, seeing her fiddle with the ends of her shirt. I look closer, seeing bandages.

"So, uh, how's the elbow?" I try to start a conversation, Black Butler is getting pretty boring.

"It just popped out of place...I was able to pop it back."

I shudder, my ears flattening down on my matted head.

"May I ask you something?"

"Mmhmm."

"Why do you always wear long sleeved shirts or hoods all the time. I mean, sure it's winter, but it's sort of weird that you wear them all the time," I fiddle with my fingers that is opposite of the one I have my arm around her with, "no offense."

"N-no offense t-taken," she plays with her hands, "I-I'm just always cold. Even in summer...y-yeah."

I nod and take my arm away from her, and she moves her head away from me.

"Man, it's already six?" I look at my phone, revealing the time.

"R-really?"

"Yeah....well, I may as well get going. Don't want to starve myself."

I begin walking to the door, but a hand grabs mine.

"Wait!"

I turn to her, her taking back her hands sheepishly and her looking down and looking down guiltily.

"Yes?"

"U-um...would y-you like to s-stay for d-d-dinner?" She stammers, her face flushing a deep, boiling hot red.

"You finally grew the courage."

"S-shut up!"

"I'm just messing with ya! Heh." I chuckle, ruffling her hair.

She purses her lips in a pouty lip, crossing her arms.

"What about your parents?

"Uh...they- they're on a business trip. To- uh...Japan."

"Huh. Sounds fun. How long will they be gone?"

"Uh, the whole week."

"Hmm. Cool."

She walks away towards a kitchen, her kitchen, and immediately goes to the fridge.

She opens it and I walk behind her, staring into the fridge.

There is some strawberries, apples, and a cake. And now my mouth is watering.

"Hmm, what do you want?"

"That cake really stands out to me..." Drool builds up in my mouth, my mouth slowly opening.

She reaches her hand up to my chin and pushes up my jaw, making me jump back to reality.

"You want some?"

"I can't say no."

She giggles quietly and removes her hand from my jaw, grabbing the cake. She pulls it out and places it on the counter, reaching for a cupboard.

She can't reach.

I reach up above her head and open it, grabbing two plates.

"Ugh, jerk." She punches me playfully.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to help!" I put my hands up in fake defeat.

She smiles and goes back to the cake, grabbing a knife and two forks, getting two pieces of cake.

She puts the slices on both plates, giving me a plate and fork.

I smile and we walk over to her dining area, sitting down.

"So," Aphmau cuts a slice of her cake and pokes it with her fork, "I don't know much about your family...can we talk about them?"

"Only if you promise to talk about yours later."

"F-fine...!"

I chuckle, running my hand through my hair.

"Alright, no need to get snappy," I clear my throat, ready to talk for a butt-load of minutes, "well, my father is unknown to me. All I know about him is that he was a trouble maker, never getting into good. My mother practically had to treat him as a child. I'm glad I don't know him, he sounds pretty horrible. My mother, well she works way to hard. Works two full time jobs, getting money here and there. She works so hard, yet she can't pay off anything. I feel so bad, but she forces me to live my own life. My older brother helps her as much as he can, even if she doesn't want it. Honestly, I don't understand how the two do it. My younger sister is always on her highest hight for them. She has set up multiple garage sales trying to make money, only failing. My family has been stressed, and I can't do anything to help... We discovered a few months ago that my sister had cancer, a-and..."

"Ein..." Aphmau whines, getting up from her chair and sitting by me.

"She passed away a month ago...it's a burden over me...it's a boulder crushing me...it's a dagger in my heart..."

I look to her, and her eyes are drowning in tears.

"But, I met someone. And she makes me feel so good inside...she helps me through all the pain, though she doesn't know it."

"W-who is she?"

"You."

I am sorry for only being able to get two chapters out guys! I was working all day on this story+another story that will be published irl. So, I hope you aren't mad...heh. Bye!