Chapter 4: Let's Go Out

Nadine grabbed her phone from under her pillow, a bright white screen blaring onto her face. Her eyes finally focused to see a text message.

From James: When are you free?

What do you mean?

Exactly what I said.

Like today? Tomorrow? Saturday? Need a time frame

Sige. This week.

Probably Wednesday, I'm doing a few things from school on Tuesday. Bakit?

I'm coming over on Wednesday then.

Ano? Bakit?

Kasi I would visit you...

Oh, alright then. I guess let me know when.

Nadine was surprised and nervous. She thought that James was just saying that, he had never actually visited her before. She couldn't grasp that he was serious this time.

"Is he serious? Will he really come? Why is he coming?" Nadine continually muttered these questions to herself, until she heard a knock on her door.

Nadine was always an over-thinker, even when she was little. She could never pick which color or animal would be her favorite because she would think that it could hurt them or someone else. But that's Nadine and everyone knew it, especially Ali. He always used that part of Nadine to get the most, before something before something big.

Knock... Knock...

Nadine swung her head towards the door, not such if she actually heard a knock or if she was still sleeping.

Knock... Knock..

Nope that was definitely a knock. "Yes?"

"Hey, Nadine. You up? Nadine? Nadine? Nadine?"

"Obviously, I did say yes. But who could stay asleep anyways after hearing you call so many times" Nadine said as she simultaneously pulled open the door.

"Well you know, usually you sleep until 2 or 3 in the afternoon, but I'm not letting that happen this week. We're going to go out. So get ready." Ali blurted out as he quickly turned and ran back to his room.

"What do you mean?" Nadine questioned as she tried to follow him, but Ali locked the door before she could grab the handle. "Ali, what do you mean? Ali, come on. What do you mean?" Nadine knocked on the door, only to be ignored.

"At least tell me what I should wear. That way I don't look like a complete fool when we get there."

"Nope."

"Ugh... Fine. But I will be blaming you if I look over or underdressed." She turned back to her room,

"I can't believe that he won't tell me.. What if I look like I'm going to the club, and we are at the beach? Or worse... The opposite. Oh no..." She rummaged through the few clothes that she did have, Am I supposed to be comfy, casual, or fancy? This is important when telling someone where to go! Ali, you're too secretive.

Nadine didn't know it, but Ali had a huge surprise waiting for her that day...