Day 4

(Nyssa)

I sat up with my back against the door, the salty blood oozing from my lip as I wiped it away with my shirt.

I heard a door creek and light footsteps only to see Tay standing at the end of the hallway.

"I'm alright" I breathed out as I raised to my feet my mind still replaying everything that had happened.

Tay ran to me hugging me tightly and I returned the hug looking down at her with hope.

"Tay go get ready so I can drop you off at Aria's house for your sleepover." I said plastering a reassuring smile on my face. She looked at me still scared but followed my command going straight to her room to gather herself.

I went straight to the bathroom locking myself inside only to see the wreck I call me in full view. My hair was cascaded on top my head, the cut on my lip was large and visible as it started to swell. The rest of my face was actually fine not a scratch or bruise, but my chest held a different story. Once I peeled my blood stained shirt I revealed a blue and purple bruise on my left shoulder blade that hurt to touch.

I ran hot water taking out a fresh washcloth cleaning off the blood and bruise then applying peroxide to my cut.

It stung so badly there after I started the shower washing off everything that had previous transpired the hot water stinging my shoulder. I couldn't help but think of Nightmare, the way he stared at me almost like he wanted to help me, but I know men like Nightmare only want to hurt people for their wellbeing. That's what Nightmare did to me he wanted my mother and his money therefore I got the red eyes, scared sister and battered body.

Feeling the water start to turn cold I finally got out seeing Tay in her room on her bed still packing her bag. I went into my room and started getting dressed.

I put on a pair of dark blue skinny’s my red and black lace shirt. I slipped on my black Vans, and went to my mirror to apply some light makeup. I put my honey brown hair into an up bun and started on my eyes. I put on the black eyeliner a light cover then went to my lips. I put on dark red lipstick to hide the cut on my lip. I didn’t need Aria's mom asking me what had happened, I put on my black pea coat and grabbed my keys and phone and made my way to get Tay.

The clock read six as we walked the seven blocks up to get to Aria's apartment complex, the cold wind blew as we entered her building the heavy door slamming behind us. My grip on Tay's hand was strong as we climbed the two flights to Aria's house and knocked on the door.

Aria whose the same height as Tay but a little chubbier opened the door with a big smile on her face as they ran to each other. They could almost pass as twins than just best friends they had the same long dark brown hair. The same dark almond eyes, the same smile that could light up any room. With Aria my sister could be the little girl she was before the one that was always happy and laughing and smiling not the one who barely talked or always looked down to hide her true feelings.

Aria hugged me as Tay went inside the house, “Hey guys I want you two to have fun, Tay I'll be back for you tomorrow night. Aria tell your mom to call me” I said kissing their cheeks pulling them both in for another hug.

I held Tay in my arms and looked her deep in the eyes, “Hey kid you and me remember?” I said

“Till the end” she answered putting her head in my chest. “Always” I said rubbing her arms, “Now look you guys have fun, call me before you go to bed so we can say prayers” I said looking at Tay.

“I will” she said smiling.

“I love you Tay” I said

“I love you too Nyssa”