Happy Birthday

I walked into the office already regretting my heel choice for the day. I couldn't wait to get to my desk and secretly slide these stilettos off. It was alot quiter than normal as I rounded the corner into my office.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NYSSA" screamed my coworkers. I was startled a bit, but a big smile spread across my face.

"Awe thank you guys, you honestly didnt have to do any of this." I said looking to my office filled with balloons, gifts bags, and a white cake with a 21 centered in the middle.

"Well seeing as we have the best assistant out of all the firms in the city we decided that you deserved a great celebration." Said my boss Katherine as she pulled me in for a hug.

I laughed returning her hug, "Thank you Kate it means alot" I said putting down my purse.

"Here come and blow out your candles, I'm interested to see what all these chepstakes got you" she said pulling me to the cake.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I thought of  wish and blew out my candles.

"Yay!" cheerwd everyone as I sat in a chair and started going through the present being handed to me.

I got 5 bottles of expensive wines shipped all the way from Italy. A new rolex, four gift cards for Victoria's Secret and I certificate for a deluxe spa package at the best salon in town.

"Thank you all for the wonderful gifts, I honestly can't say thank you enough. I love all of you and I am very grateful for this opportunity. I will continue to do the best work I possibly can do and more." I said smiling.

"Well speaking of work we have ine more suprise for you" said Katherine handing me over an envelope. I looked at her strangley wondering what was inside. I opened the envelope and read it slowly.

I felt my eyes swell up in tears as I looked up at Kate. "Really?" I asked getting up to hug her.

"Yes Dollface!" She said hugging me back. The firm gave me an additional raise making me the new Junior Marketing Coordinator for the firm. I also got an added five thousand dollar bonus.

"Okay enough crying you too, Nyssa we are very happy you are with us and we want you to enjoy your birthday tomorrow. I remember when I was 21... well then again I was took drunk to remember." Said the Executive Partner at our firm Kevin.

We all laughed and everyone soon left my office with slices of cake to start the work day.

I sat behind my desk smiling really hard, as I looked through paperwork. "I've never seen you smile that hard  before at work" I looked up to see  Henry at my door. Henry is one of the newest lawyers at our firm. Fresh out of law school with lots of poten4and bright ideas. He's about 6'2, smooth brown skin and a smile that makes women in the office weak in the knees. He has gray eyes which draw me in fron time to time, but I like to keep my work life strictly professional.

"I am really happy" I said laughing.

"I'm sorry I missed your party, but I had to meet with a client this morning over breakfast."

"It's okay, I didnt know this was happening today. I expeted a quite daye at the office and I got a whole lot more that." I said smiling.

" You have a beautiful smile" said Henry. I felt myself blush at his words.

"Thank you" I said looking down at my paperwork that needed to be filed.

"Let me take you out to dinner, I know a wonderful Italian restaurant here in the city. " I could feel his eyes on me.

I looked up at him meeting his grey eyes, "Henry... I don't think-"

"I promise the dinner will be strictly professional and this is my birthday present to you Nyssa."