Day 22 (Part 2)

Nyssa

I kissed Tay's head as she settled into her bed, her iPod holding her attention. I smiled seeing as it brought her comfort.

"Kid, don't stay up too late", I said walking out of her room closing the door after me.

I slipped into the nursery and peeked on Elijah who was sleeping so peacefully, I sneaked in a quick picture that I'd later frame with all the rest of his growing baby photos.

I walked back into the livingroom, there Luke and Rose sat talking, and by the look on Luke's face it was something deep.

Rose looked up at me her crystal eyes flushing over with tears as she wiped them away in a hurry.

" I was just coming to say goodnight. Rose I'm so happy your here and I know Luke feels the same." I said giving her a hug.

"Goodnight" said Luke his soft lips kissed my cheek as I pulled away and walked towards our room.

I know Luke has so many questions for his mother. I just hope what she has to say doesn't break his heart more than it already is.

Luke
"When will you ask her?"

I took my gaze away from Nyssa who was already down the hall.

"What?" I asked confused

"When will you ask her to marry you? I see the way you look at her. Anyone can tell by the way you look at her that you love her more than words could say."

I sat there quietly,my mother was right I do love Nyssa. She means so much to me, but I don't think marriage is the best thing for us right now.

"One day" I said looking my mother in the eye as  I tried to find more of the truth that she had began to tell me just before Nyssa walked in.

"When I was sixteen, I thought I was grown and what sixteen year old girl who comes from a family of low life's and drunks wouldn't believe that either? I was looking for love in all the wrong places. I remember the first time I saw him, it almost feels like yesterday. His black tousled hair and muscular physic stole my eyes and his smooth words and understanding stole my heart. I fell in love son, I really did. The first two years were heaven. He treated me like a queen, newest clothes, phone, cars anything and everything I wanted I could have except you.", her eyes tearing up.

"What do you mean?" I asked my eyes locked on her.

"When I found out I was pregnant with you my life changed. Your father was and still is the biggest man in underground drugs/sales. He can have anything! He could want and do anything, but be a father!- when I told him the you were coming he game me the money and told me to abort you or he would do it for me. He did not want me to  bring you into this world. I couldn't do it to you Luke. I just couldn't so I ran, five hundred dollars in hand and I ran. I went to Melissa, the woman who you've thought is your mother for so long is really my cousin on my father's side. At the time she was in Virginia and she had her own apartment and she was going to help me get on my feet. A few months later I gave birth to you and we were a family. I had a job at a diner just down the street and one night when I got home-" she paused her chest heaving as if she had just stepped into a nightmare and  couldn't get out.

"He was sitting there , you in his arms just looking at you- I told him to not hurt you and yi give you back to me and he just smiled at me, but this smile was not like the ones before it was so evil to the point I didn't even know the man I was looking at. He said I betrayed him by having you and that he was coming to take you with him and raise him. I wouldn't let him I pleaded and begged him to take me instead. I wanted you to live in peace and have a good childhood. I wanted you to be a doctor or a lawyer not a damn drug lord Luke! I thought leaving you with Mellissa was best she was clean and she had her life together. She promised me! She promised me that you would be safe and that when I met you in life that you would be something more than the dark the brought you here. I wanted you to be light, I wanted you to be better, but when I heard that Melissa fell to drugs, I serached for you. I wanted you to be safe, I found you here and learned that you were killing and selling just like your father and I broke down. I hated your father for years for taking me away from you, but I hate him with everything in me for what you have become because of his actions.- I found you here and escaped to tell you that you have so much potential. You have a family, you have a beautiful woman in there that would do anything for you even after you've hurt her and you could be so much Luke. Not this, I don't want you as this and I need you to change to give up the streets and be the man I wanted you to be!"

I sat in silence as the tear fell down my cheek. I didn't try to wipe it away and I won't try and blame my mother for what I am. I've known for a long time that I am a monster, yet hearing it from my mothers lips hurt me to a place that I didn't even know exsisted.

" I will have to leave soon Luke" she said her eyes staring through the window into the street.

"Why?"

"He will find me and he will hurt whoever I love ti find me. He will go to Mellissa first and if your anything like your father you will know she will tell him about you and your family and he will come and find you all and I do not want that. I want you to be safe. I want you and your family to grow and be happy, so for that I will continue to sacrifice my happiness for my baby boy."

"I could put you somewhere, I can keep us safe" I said getting up

"No Luke you cannot and he will find us he will. I will not put you through that I refuse too."

I started to think of my father if we matched in features, gestures, or even in thoughts. My mother has taken 21 years ti emerge into my life and I won't let him take her from me... Not this time.

Excuse mistakes
Comment, vote, share 
-Erykah