Prologue

A/N: Hey, guys, who's ready for more dystopian shit?!? :)) I managed to throw together enough ideas for a Prologue, and so I decided to just go ahead and write it :D Enjoy <3

October the 8th, 2016 was the day my life changed forever. It was the day when a deadly and contagious infection began to consume the world. It was the day horrific creatures began roaming the earth as dead-alive corpses, feasting on the flesh of any person or animal while they were still alive. It was a fate worse than death, to be devoured by them.

I lost so many people because of them.

My best friend.

My boyfriend.

My mother.

My father.

But as the days turned to weeks, and the weeks turned to months, and the months turned to years...it was the people you had to start watching out for.

They would kill.

They would pillage.

They would rape.

I lost even more people because of this new evil that had taken over our kind. People who were my closest friends. People who made it easier for me to remain on this hell-turned earth each day.

My friend found a cure. He found a cure that brought the dead back to life.

Their true life.

That cure was love, and it worked like a charm. I saw it happen.

But as the humans grew more & more desperate to survive, and as they began to turn on their own kind...love barely existed in the world anymore. The cure was there...and it always worked...but it hardly ever happened. Because most of the survivors had completely given up on love, and so the world didn't even seem to change at all.

But it wasn't all bad.

On June 17th, 2018, I became a mother to my first child.

On September 28th, 2020, I became a wife to the most wonderful man alive.

I had a family, and we had a home. But the dead were still wandering, and many survivors were still set out to make everyone else's lives an absolute hell.

And on October the 8th, 2022, my life changed again. It was exactly 6 years since the world first went to shit, and it was almost like reliving all the terror, all the fear, and all the misfortune all over again.

Except this time...I lost so much more.