Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Warning - long chapter :p

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: ESCAPE

"Your nipples are so visible through that pyjama top," Harry grumbled, "they're sticking out so much."

"Good. It'll distract him even more," I replied.

"Please put on a fucking bra. Neil won't be able to keep his eyes off them," he huffed.

"Harry, it doesn't matter. The more distracted he is, the easier it's gonna be. And besides," I smirked at him a little, "it's your fault they're still hard."

At my words, Harry finally gave a small smirk back. "I suppose you're right. Whoops."

"Now come on. Let's go. If you want me to put a bra on once we're done, then hold onto one for me," I told him.

"Hm...I dunno," his smirk began to grow, "I said I don't like Neil looking at them. I never said I don't like me looking at them. Because once he's dead, I'll be the only one looking, won't I?"

I had to roll my eyes at his words. "Pervert."

Harry didn't respond and only let out a deep chuckle.

"Fine. Don't bring me a bra," I rolled my eyes again, "let's get going."

Harry nodded and took his dagger which was resting on his bedside table before sticking it in the sheath attached to his belt. I grabbed a cardigan and wrapped it around me before ruffling my hair in my hands and messing it up as best I could. I had to look like I'd just gotten out of bed, after all.

"We have to stick close to the wall," Harry reminded me, "so we can hide from any guards patrolling the halls."

I nodded and wrapped my cardigan around me a bit more. I wasn't that cold, but I always felt weird whenever my nipples were sticking out through my shirt.

Harry made his way to our room's main door and opened it as quietly as he could while I stood warily behind him. I was trembling with nerves all over, but every part of me was still so desperate to get out of here once and for all.

"It's clear," Harry whispered, "come on."

He took my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, and we both nodded at each other before we crept out of the room silently. Harry shut the door behind us with a gentle click, and we slowly backed into the shadows against the walls.

"Only two floors down to get to the supply garage," Harry murmured to me, "we stay as quiet as we can, and we stick together. We don't separate until we get to the garage, yeah?"

"Yeah," I whispered back with a nod, "lead the way, Harry."

Harry nodded back at me, and we slowly made our way towards the stairs hand-in-hand. We peered out into the halls and make sure the coast was clear before we banked for the staircase and rushed down to the first floor as quickly and as quietly as we could.

"Be careful," Harry spoke up once more, "Tanner's quarters are down here."

"I know," I nodded, "and I think he's still awake..." I bit my lip and pointed to the door to Tanner's room – which was shut, but no-one could miss the bright light shining through the gaps around the door frame.

"Then we don't breathe a word," Harry told me, "you ready?"

I nodded again, and Harry squeezed my hand once more before we proceeded to creep past Tanner's room to the next staircase. 

However, the sound of footsteps coming from the hall beside us made us both gasp, and Harry grabbed me and held me close to him before wedging us both into a dark shadowy corner against the wall – his arms wrapped tightly around my shoulders from behind.