Chapter Eleven

A/N: Hiii, sorry for the really long wait. I haven't had much time to write lately. I hope you enjoy this chapter <3

CHAPTER ELEVEN: BREAK

Laura

"Here, love. Pass over that soap bar," Harry gently rubbed my shoulder from behind, "I'll get your back."

I nodded slowly and took the soap bar from its holder just under the shower head – holding it behind me so that he could take it. I let out a soft sigh as I felt him gliding the smooth soap down my back – and I cupped my hands together and gathered some of the warm water before splashing it over my face. However, I had to lift my head and look back at Harry when I heard him let out a quiet gasp behind me.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"What happened to you, Laura..?" He asked me quietly, "Where...where did all these bruises come from..?"

"Oh," I chuckled softly, "don't worry. The back of that truck was really fucking uncomfortable, and pretty harsh on me during that bumpy ride to Easton."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Harry," I nodded and couldn't help smiling at how worried he sounded, "I'm OK."

Harry sighed softly in relief. "Thank God. For a moment there, I...I thought Tanner might've done something to hurt you..."

I shook my head. "He hasn't touched me. Not since he..." I let out a shaky sigh and lowered my eyes, "not since he found out I was pregnant..."

Harry sighed as well. "I'm so sorry, Laura...I-I should've been more careful..." I felt his forehead touching the back of my shoulder, "what he put you through...i-it never would've happened if I...if I didn't..." his voice trailed away.

"Hey," I turned towards him and cupped his face in my hands with a gentle smile, "Harry...please stop blaming yourself for everything. You really need to kick that habit, honey."

Harry didn't smile back and only dropped his eyes towards my stomach – putting the soap bar away before placing his hand against my stomach and sighing.

"You had this...this giant bruise after he kicked you...right here," he moved his hand down closer to my womb, "it was there for so long...and I saw exactly where he hit you...exactly where our little baby was just...curled up inside – totally unaware of...h-how little time..." his voice broke, and it faded once more before he let out a long, shaky sigh, "I should've stayed with you...one more stupid flogging would've been nothing compared to what you lost that day, Laura..."

"There was nothing you could do," I whispered to him – pulling his head down a little more so that I could touch my forehead to his, "even if you stayed, Harry...there was nothing you could do. He still would've done it, anyway."

Harry didn't say a word and only sighed. I took this as my cue to press my lips to his in a long, tender kiss in hopes of cheering him up a little. I heard him let out another soft sigh – except this time it sounded more like a sigh of satisfaction than one of sadness.

"Laura..." he murmured to me once we pulled away, "I love you so much..."

"And I love you, Harry," I whispered back with a soft smile.

He took me by the shoulders and gently pressed me against the shower wall; kissing me once more and making me moan softly into his mouth at the way his lips moved so longingly against mine. I closed my eyes and slowly slid my arms around his neck – my fingers gently tugging at the wet curls on the nape of his neck.

Everything around us seemed to dissipate and fade away as I began to savour the mesmeric sensation of his kiss. Because of how often Tanner forces us to hang around the others, we don't get to be alone as often as we used to.