Chapter Ten

A/N: Helloo, sorry for the wait. My school holidays are here and my parents are intent on hogging all of my time -_- I'm trying to fit writing in as often as I can.  

CHAPTER TEN: STORIES

Eric

"Eric," Lilly spoke to me softly.

"Yes, Lilly?"

"Can I...look at your photo? Please?" She asked – her green eyes big and wide with hope.

I smiled at her faintly. "Of course you can, Froggy," I reached into my pocket and pulled out my photo of Laura & Harry, "and you don't have to call it 'my' photo, OK? It's our photo."

She smiled back at me and nodded slowly, holding out her little hands eagerly as I handed the photo over to her. She held it like it was made of glass – unable to keep her eyes off it as she slowly leaned into my chest.

"Mummy and daddy are so pretty..." she said quietly.

"That's right, Lilly. They are. That's why you're pretty, too," I smiled at her once more and wrapped my arms around her small body.

She let out a little giggle. "And you, Eric. You're pretty."

I chuckled. "Thanks, Lilly."

She didn't say another word and continued to stare at the photo as she laid in my arms – and didn't speak for several more moments.

"Eric?" She finally spoke up again.

"Yeah?"

"Can you sing the song that daddy sings to me?"

"Oh, Lilly..." I bit my lip, "you know I can't sing. Not like your daddy can."

"Yes you can, Eric."

"No I can't, Lilly. Please don't ask me to sing."

"Sing it, Eric. Please."

"Lilly-"

"Please," she nuzzled her face into my shirt.

I sighed. "Alright, Lilly. But I'm only gonna sing it once."

"OK," she nodded.

"I don't know the words very well, either."

"It's OK, Eric."

I took several deep breaths and bit down on my bottom lip – trying my hardest to get over all my nerves. I fucking hated singing. But...I can't say no to my baby sister.

Well...

Here we go...

"Isn't she lovely..." I began to sing in a very quiet voice, "isn't she wonderful? Isn't she precious, less than one minute old..."

"Louder, Eric," said Lilly.

Fuck.

"I never thought, through love we'd be..." I forced myself to sing louder, "making one as lovely as she, but isn't she lovely, made from love..." I then bit my lip since that was all the lyrics I knew.

"Keep going," Lilly told me – her voice starting to sound a little sleepy.

"I don't know the rest of the words, Lilly," I replied softly, "can I just hum it?"

She nodded. "I just want to hear it."

I hugged her a little tighter and rocked her back and forth a little as I went on to hum the rest of the song to her. She curled up in my arms and snuggled into me like a cat, and I felt myself starting to smile since I knew she was falling asleep.