Chapter 5

The drive from the apartment to the hospital wasn't bad, it was like 5 minutes. Which would be really nice when I actually have the baby.

I parked the car and walked into the lobby for my appointment. I registered and sat down. Once I sat down, I seen a married couple who were definitely expecting. Her stomach was huge. Then I looked at mine it was just tiny. Well if and when I get that huge there was no point in hiding the fact that I was pregnant but I could still hide it.

I didn't realize I was starting at her bump again, until she came over.

"Hey, my name is Amanda." Said Amanda.

"Hey, my name is Sophie." I responded.

"Your expecting too aren't you?" Amanda asked.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't mean to stare."

"Oh don't worry about it. I was the same way when I had my first child."

"Is this your second?" She nodded.

"Yeah, we are hoping for a little girl." Said Amanda

"Oh."

"I don't mean to intrude but where is the baby daddy."

"He is in his college classes."

I don't know why I needed to add the college part but I guess I didn't want to make her think that I wasn't ready for this even though I wasn't.

"Oh, is this your first appointment?" Amanda asked.

"Yeah."

"Well don't be nervous, they just check you over. You also get to here the baby's heartbeat. Your doctor also goes over some other need to know things."

"Oh ok."

"Here take this."

"What is this?" I asked

"This is my daycare ladies number. She is one of the best and she lives really close to the hospital."

"Sophie Cast." Said the nurse.

I stood up. "Thanks Amanda, I hope you get a girl like you wanted." I said

"Yep, no problem."

I walked over to the nurse. Then I followed over to this scale, where the nurse took my weight and height. Then she lead my over to my room.

"Ok, you can have a seat there. Your doctor should in here in just a moment." Said my nurse.

I nodded and laid down on the bed. Then I decided to take a picture of the daycare lady's number. Once I was done with that I shoved the number into my wallet.

Knock, knock

"Come in." I said

"Hello, I'm Doctor Riecke, but you can call me Paula if you like." I nodded. "Ok will you please lay down on the bed."

I did exactly what she said. She started doing something on my bump but I didn't really know and I didn't bother to ask either.

Thump, thump, thump, thump.

"Did you here that?" Asked Doctor Riecke. I nodded.

"Well, that's your baby's heartbeat."

"That's so sweet." I said as tears sliding down my cheek.

"It definitely is. Ok you can sit up now." I nodded and followed her instructions.

"So around a month and a half. So that means your still in your first trimester. Are you experiencing mourning sickness?"

"Yeah it's really annoying." I said

"Well don't worry as soon as the first trimester is over, your mourning sickness will stop."

"Phew." I sighed

Dr. Riecke chuckled. "Ok so in month five, which is in your second trimester, you will get to see your baby through a screen." She informed as she pointed to a screen behind her.  "You also will get to find out the gender of the baby, if you want." I nodded.

She gave me a towel to wipe the goo of of my stomach. Then she told me I was done and could head out. So after I was done wiping of the goo, I fixed my shirt so it was covering my stomach. Then I headed out.

Once I was out of the building, I headed to my car. Then headed home

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

I got out of my car, locked it, then headed to my apartment.

Once I was up there I opened my door and I seen Tanner was standing in the living room. His armed were crossed. Oh boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger- what are you going to do about it!!!!

It's like around midnight right now (it won't be midnight when I post it) but I didn't want you guys to wait. But yeah finally back in school and get tons of homework. I forgot all about it until I was laying down in my bed. I did finish my homework it took me like two hours but whatever. This chapter was like half way done. I know it's a short chapter but deal with it. I have to be up in like five hours and I have gym tomorrow for my first period so that's going to be great!!

Hope you enjoy!!
-T.J. 😘