2 | psychic

Derek had asked her to stop by the loft early in the morning

Derek had asked her to stop by the loft early in the morning. Natalia knew that he wanted answers and for that he needed to find Kate. Hence why, he was going to hire Braeden to help find Kate. Natalia had placed her feet on the table, trying to figure Derek out. She could feel that he was slowly beginning to lose his powers but she wasn't sure why.

"The table is Italian." Peter stated, bringing her back to reality.

"So are these boots," she sassed. She could see that both Derek and Braeden were trying to hold in their laughter.

"Are we going to talk interior design and fashion or are we going to talk numbers?" Braeden asked.

Peter sighed before writing down a number on a piece of paper and sliding it towards Braeden. Said female looked at him before erasing the number he wrote and wrote a knew one and slid the paper back towards him.

Peter looked at the number, "We hiring you to find Kate, not assassinate the President."

"I was hired by the Calaveras to find Kate. You're hiring me to find her first. Going against the Calaveras is what's going to cost you," Braeden replied. Peter annoyed, wrote a new number on the paper before sliding it back to her, however, she slid it back to him without reading it. Peter got up annoyed before Derek ripped up the paper.

"We'll pay," he stated, "Just find Kate. That's all we want." Soon Braeden left the loft and Natalia wasn't far behind.

"I think I know what might be going on with you but I'll have to do some research. I'll see you later," Natalia explained. Derek hugged the small girl before she walked out.

Natalia had spent most of the morning researching what might be going on with Derek and she had come up with nothing

Natalia had spent most of the morning researching what might be going on with Derek and she had come up with nothing. Luckily for her, Lydia had asked her for help at a crime scene. She knew that the family that was killed were wendigos but hadn't told anyone as she didn't want them to find out what she was.

"Remind me why I agreed to help you?" Natalia complained. The house had been giving the creeps ever since they walked in and she couldn't shake the feeling that there was more that meets the guys.

"Quite complaining. I didn't know who else to ask," Lydia replied. As they walked down the stairs, Natalia sighed in relief. He was close. Having him near eased her nerves.

"Beacon Country Sheriff Department. This is a crime scene. Show yourself," Deputy Parrish spoke. She and Lydia turned the corner to show themselves. As he noticed them both he lowered his gun. He gazed at both women but his gaze lingered at Natalia.

"I would try and explain it but I've never gotten a satisfactory explanation myself," Lydia stated as she walks around the house. Natalia not far behind with Deputy Parrish refusing to let either of them out of his sight.

"Just a habit of showing up at places where people have been brutally murdered," Jordan asked sarcastically.

"Are you saying I have a reputation?" Lydia asked as she turned around to face him. Jordan stayed close to Natalia. For some odd reason, he felt drawn to her and didn't want to leave her side.

"An unusual one. Maybe you're psychic."

Natalia snorted, "Trust me. That's not the only weird thing about her. Don't tell me you believe all that." Soon a feeling she couldn't explain washed over her. All she could feel was death.

"I'd like to say I don't believe in anything but I keep an open mind. If you're looking for dead bodies, I think you're a little late," Jordan explained.

Natalia started to walk towards the wall. She knew Lydia could feel it too as she followed her. Natalia could see strange drawings on the wall and the faint sound of screaming. She pressed her hand onto the wall and a door began to slowly open. She looked at both Lydia and Jordan in shock. She could feel Lydia frowning as she felt the same and neither of them could explain what it was.

Jordan looked at her in confusion as he drew his gun. He placed himself in front of her as they began to move through the tunnel. He kept glancing back at Natalia to make sure she stayed close. Lydia had grabbed a hold of her hand, scared, not that she could blame her.

They walked to the end of the tunnel and there was a cold room. Both girls held each other tightly to get some warmth. Jordan switched on the light and looked around, "I think it's a game locker. Like venison. Hunting is legal in some parts of the state but." He paused as he went closer to the bags hanging from the ceiling.

"What is it?" Lydia asked. Jordan slowly opened to bag to reveal a dead body.

Natalia sighed, "Well, it's not venison."