5. The Weasley Twins

Hey people! Me is back!

First of all, a vey very happy birthday to Gred and Forge! Cheers!

Secondly, on account of their birthday, I decided to write something on them. So here you go!

Do vote and comment on how you like it!

~•~•~•~•~•

"FRED WEASLEY! GEORGE WEASLEY! COME DOWN THIS INSTANT!" Molly Weasley yelled from the kitchen. She was absolutely livid, legit steam coming out of her ears. She stood by the table, hands on her hips and feet tapping incessantly on the floor. Anybody who knew her, would know this meant war.

"Merlin. Mum's real mad now," George whispered, standing on top of the stairs. Fred, beside him, nodded. For the first time, a flash of fear passed through them. Never in a million years would you find the Weasley twins scared of the outcome their pranks would lead to. They would play their prank, patiently await the result and walk in with cocky and triumphant grins on their face.

But not this time.

This time they knew they had crossed a line. It was one thing to prank their mum and another to do it on a bad day. And today was a bad day. Molly had woken up an hour late, realizing this with horror and had entered into a frenzied state of mind. Anyone with even a little care for their life, knew better than to cross paths with her on such days. The twins were well aware of this but had decided to go ahead nevertheless. What could possibly go wrong?

Evidently, a lot.

"What did you two do now?" Ron Weasley sighed, as he poked his head out of his room. "Let me guess. Another prank?"
He withdrew silently when both the twins threw a glare at them.

"Go down and get it done with," came Ron's muffled voice.

"He's right, you know?" Ginny spoke up, making both of them jump up in surprise at her sudden arrival. "Sorry! But yeah, the longer you wait, the angrier she's gonna be."
The twins looked at each other and gave a slight nod.

"Let's do this," George said determinedly.
Walking down slowly and as silently as possible, they made their way to the kitchen. Their eyes widened when they took in the sight before them.

The place was a mess, to put it lightly. Cutlery was strewn across the floor, broken to pieces. Dust was swirling around in the air, leaving a dirty, sticky feeling behind. Worst was Mrs. Weasley. She was decked in dust, top to bottom. But what was striking was her skin. It had turned a bright blue. Her face and her limbs- all blue in colour.

George let out a snort which turned into a cough when Fred stamped his foot harshly.

"Hey mum," Fred started, but was cut off.

"WHAT. IN. MERLIN'S. BEARD. WERE. YOU. TWO. THINKING?! ANOTHER PRANK? ANOTHER ONE? IN TWO CONTINUOUS DAYS?! AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO PULL IT ON ME?! HOW DARE YOU? HOW, ACCORDING TO YOU GENIUSES, IS THIS MESS GOING TO BE CLEANED UP AND NEW CUTLERY BOUGHT, ALL BEFORE YOUR FATHER REACHES HOME?!"

"Magic?" Fred asked, in a small, hopeful tone. The look his mum gave him made him feel two feet tall.

"Look at the bright side, mum," George said. Molly rounded up on him, making him shift uncomfortably on his weight.

"And what, pray tell me, is the bright side?" she asked in a sickly sweet voice. Fred's eyes widened, as he realised what his brother was about to say.

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up," he kept muttering.

"You look good in blue. It's totally your colour..." George trailed off as he saw his mother's nostrils flare with suppressed anger.

"I AM THIS CLOSE, THIS CLOSE," she held up her thumb and pointer finger, pinched together. "TO KICKING YOU TWO OUT OF THE HOUSE."

"Come on, mum! It was supposed to be a harmless, funny prank!" George whined. Molly's lips set into a thin line, her eyes flashing.

"Does this look like a harmless, funny prank to you?!" she asked incredulously, pointing to herself.

"Well, the powder was supposed to go into the cake," Fred spoke up. Mrs. Weasley sighed, realising she was fighting a losing battle.

"Alright. Now get out and let me clean this up," she said in a defeated voice. The twins' heart leapt up in joy at being let off so easily. They turned around to go but were stopped.

"Before you leave, might I just add that both of you are grounded till school starts," Mrs. Weasley said nonchalantly.

"WHAT?!" The boys yelped. "Bu..buts.."

"And no magic. You will be helping me with my chores at home, without magic. If I find you using magic or any silent spells, you can kiss your jokes shop good bye. Got that?" She said, smiling up at them. "You couldn't have thought I would let you off the hook so easily, right?"

Grumbling all possible colourful words they knew, the twins stomped up the stairs into their room.

"I dread the following days, Freddie. I seriously dread them," George said, falling face first onto the bed.

And dreadful were the upcoming days. Mrs. Weasley gave the boys the dirtiest and the most boring jobs ever. And when Harry and Hermione came over during the last few days, Fred and George were forced to wait upon them. Harry, under Ron's influence made the most of the situation.

Suffice to say, the twins never dared to pull a prank on their mother henceforth. They never even spoke about pranks in front of her.

•~•~•~•~•~•~