7 | which do we kill

7 | WHICH DO WE KILL

Stas walked alongside Elijah as she listened in on some vampire named Marcel that Niklaus considered his son

Stas walked alongside Elijah as she listened in on some vampire named Marcel that Niklaus considered his son. He was rallying up compelled people so that he could turn them into vampires. He was a real figure of a leader.

Stas groaned. "Why am I even here, Elijah?" She was still grieving over the lives she had to take in order to save her brothers, but she she hid the guilt under a facade of cockiness. Although she hated to admit it, there was more good in her than bad— she wasn't as cold hearted as everyone thought she was.

"Because, Anastázia, sitting around in your room applying nail polish isn't what a Mikaelson should do after a triumphant victory against their enemies." Elijah chuckled at his sister's individuality. She was so different from the other Mikaelsons because of how much she isolated herself from them; yet, every now and then you can catch a glimmer of the Mikaelson mischief sparkle in her eye.

Stas rolled her eyes and averted them over to this Marcel. After he finished lecturing his people about being a vampire, he approached both Stas and Elijah with a curious look. "Elijah, didn't expect to see you on this side of the river." Marcel nodded over at Elijah, then eyed Stas.

Stas smirked, enjoying the subtle compliment Marcel gave her. "I didn't expect you to assemble a new vampire community. I guess we're both full of surprises." Elijah snarked.

"Since we're on the topic of surprises, who is this fine surprise guest you brought along." Marcel gently grabbed Stas' hand and placed a tender kiss on her soft, pale hand.

Stas snickered, realizing that this was the man Stas' spies said that Rebekah spoke so fondly about. "Anastázia Mikaelson, twin of the infamous Niklaus and sister of the woman you once proclaimed to love, Rebekah." Stas was highly entertained as she watched Marcel's face fall into a look of disappointment that Stas was a Mikaelson.

"There's another one?" Marcel asked Elijah. Elijah simply nodded and chuckled.

"She is the best Mikaelson we have. She's the one who taught everything Klaus has learned." Elijah mentioned. Stas jabbed his side with her elbow, playfully.

Marcel's eyes reflected a look of sudden fear, then he concealed it with a chuckle. "Nice to meet you, Anastázia." He nodded at her.

* * *

After Elijah passive aggressively asked for the white oak stake, Anastázia returned home to torment Michelle. She spent the day bugging and ordering Michelle around like a servant. Michelle, too afraid to defy Stas, dealt with the annoyance until Klaus returned so that she could ask him to tell her to free her.

When Elijah and Niklaus finally did arrive home, they had some horrible news to share. "It's worse than we thought." Niklaus spoke angry words as he broke off the top of a wine bottle and poured

"I met the witch, Cassie. I studied her, her presence. The way she carried herself. The fervor with which she voice her hatred of our kind. I looked into that girl's eyes and I swear to you two, brother and sister, she is not just guided by our mother... she is our mother." Klaus's voice was tinged with rage, his eyes' usual sparkle dimmed and darkened.

Stas' eyes widened and her heart dropped down into her stomach. "What is happening?" Elijah asked himself as he began to pace the room.

"I'm going to kill her." Klaus admitted with a shaky voice.

"I will boil her bones and feed them to the dogs, if that's what it takes." He added.

Stas couldn't help but to feel a pain in her stomach due to the mixture of rage and love she felt towards her mother. She knew that she was her mother's favorite the day she had secreted some powerful magic to her, to keep her more protected than the others, but she hated her for it— she hated her for making her feel more important than her siblings, for making her feel like she was obligated to do good things in life with the power she was granted.

Although not many people, not even her own family, knew about this secret power Stas had been gifted— she was ready to share it with the world because it had been eating at her for almost a millennia. "You can't." Stas' voice cracked.

Klaus shot her an angry look. "Why not?" He said lowly, hoping that he had not hurt his sister with such harsh words.

"I have to see her first, Klaus. Please." Stas pleaded.

Klaus huffed, pressing his hand on his forehead. "Why, Stas? Why must you go see such a wretched woman?!" Klaus exclaimed.

Stas flinched at his yelling. "Niklaus... I..." Stas trailed off.

"You... what?!" Klaus asked, slamming his fists against the table.

Stas couldn't find the words to inform her brothers that she possessed witch powers alongside her wolf and vampire powers, so, instead, she showed them. Stas adjusted her bracelet on her arm, for it held all of her magic in it, and she placed her hand out in front of her.

"Incendia." That short and sharp word she spoke cause an uproar of fire to burst out into the room.

Klaus and Elijah were frightened and jumped up. Stas quickly put out the fire with the wave of her hand and she sighed out, feeling some weights being lifted off of her chest. "Y—you can do m—magic?" Klaus stammered, still in shock of what her sister had just did.

Stas slowly nodded. "How?" Elijah barely spoke out.

"That's what I have to ask mother." Stas said quietly.

The three stood in the tense silence for a solid ten minutes before Elijah broke it with worse news. "Our father has returned as well."

Both Klaus and Stas shot their heads in Elijah's direction. "I saw him standing there in the flesh as you do now. He was enslaved by some spell cast by Davina." Elijah told.

"Who is this Davina?" Stas asked, curious as to who could be powerful enough to enslave Mikael.

"A New Orleans witch," Elijah quickly answered then returned to delivering the news, "he holds the stake. If she chooses to release him..." Elijah sighed, not wanting to say the horrible things that their father would do if he were to be released.

"Well, then there's only one question we need to ask, isn't there?" Klaus stated.

His angry eyes turned evil like a bright sea when it rains. "Which of our parents do we kill first?" Klaus questioned out loud.