Chapter 1- Confrontations

A/N: PLEASE read Abused before this or else you will be very confused!

Tough Love
Chapter 1

Maddie stood anxiously at the steps leading to the small star's house. For a budding star, this family sure lived like millionaires. Josh had arranged for the two sisters to meet and talk at Mackenzie's house, when he had seen Maddie pass out and the two were escorted to the hospital. Maddie buzzed the buzzer at the edge of the steps that had lead to a vast gate. "Name please?" A secretary's voice came over the intercom.

"Maddie Ziegler." Maddie spoke clearly, although the rest of her body was shaking like the earthquake before the Japan tsunami. She gripped the edge of her skirt to keep her hands from shaking.

Another buzz sounded as the gates unlocked and Maddie found herself roaming through a lovely circular driveway, surrounding an angelic fountain. She wandered to the front door and sighed before pressing the doorbell. Her hands found their place, grabbing Maddie's skirt comfortably.

A tall woman opened the door to reveal a small girl who looked like a younger Maddie. Maddie suppressed a giggle to see Mackenzie's hands were wrapped around her skirt just like Maddie's were. "Yep, you two are sisters alright," The woman holding the door laughed and left the two alone.

They were all smiles and enveloped each other in a hug. Mackenzie had imagined the scene to play out with hugging and crying, but then she was reminded of her anger towards her sister and tore away from her. "Kenzie?" Maddie asked, confused.

Kenzie walked a few paces away as Maddie followed. "How could you abandon me Maddie?" She snapped and sat down on her couch covered in floral patterns. "What do you mean you were...dead." Maddie felt tears building behind her eyes as she took a seat in the matching chair across from Kenzie's couch.

"Was I Maddie?" Kenzie's question puzzled Madison as she took a teacup from the table between the sisters. "Picture this again, think of the details. You hear Melissa's shoes clicking across the hospital tile." She spat our mother's name as if it was the very thought she hated most. "While you cry to yourself, after Nia left, in the corner your sister's eyes fluttered open. Your mother pulls out her phone and calls her husband, 'This is too expensive Kurt, the treatment costs thousands!' Your sister wants to sit up, but her chest won't move, she's strapped down. "She won't be able to dance again."Abby says sadly. Her eyes begin to droop but she sees her mother sit next to her and kicks the heart monitor machine with her heel, and the beeping sound that occurs when a patient has died sounds. Melissa runs to her oldest daughter crying. Your sister felt fine and wondered why people were crying. She closed her eyes in exhaustion as you were lead out of the room. That night she escapes and finds herself in an orphanage. You never even looked back. You didn't even care!" Her voice was dripping with venom and she stood up in anger.

"I didn't care?" Maddie snapped standing up to face her, slamming the tea down. "I spent 7 freaking years with that woman and her husband beating the hell out of me and calling me a cold blooded murder, forcing me to live in the basement with no human interaction what-so-ever!" She screamed, making a few workers around the house turn their heads. "Maddie I-" "You know what's worse?"

Maddie went on, "Every night after they beat me, they pulled my sock off my left foot and used a sharpie to write the most awful word they could possibly think of. Trivial. They wrote trivial while I laid on the floor unconscious after every beating. They told me I meant nothing to them! I don't have anybody!" Maddie now had tears streaming down her face. Mackenzie was stunned, she had no idea Maddie had such an awful life, while she was living in a mansion with 23 workers and parents that cherished her. She didn't say anything though, she reached her arms out and Maddie pulled her in closely. They held each other for 3 minutes as Maddie let tears fall messily onto her little sister's shoulder. "You have me, and I'm not leaving you." Kenzie stated firmly.

However, she didn't know how long those words would really last.

35 votes and 10 comments (from 10 dif people) to continue! What do y'all think of book 2 so far? What do you think will happen?