Chapter 2- Say What??

Chapter 2
Narrator's POV

Once the two released one and other from a tight hug, Kenzie spoke up, "Maddie why don't you stay here, we have 7 years we need to catch up on." She smiled, but Maddie felt uncomfortable.

"I would but I have plans, I'll text you" Maddie smiled considerately as Mackenzie handed Maddie her cell phone number. "Thanks so much Kenz, I've really missed you," She smiled and hugged her sister goodbye before walking through the door.

___________________________

"Hey Maddie! Over here!" Josh called, sitting at the corner table in their local Starbucks with Maddie's favorite drink at hand. "Josh!" Maddie smiled and quickly hustled over to her boyfriend.

"You know me so well," she winked and sipped on her Vanilla Bean Frap with whip and Carmel drizzle inside the cup. "I try my hardest," Josh laughed and sat back in his chair uneasily, Maddie seemed happy so he had hoped everything went well, but her tear stained face said otherwise.

"I'm looking to get you and Mackenzie to sign up for Paige's dance line." He casually brought up her sister's name and saw Maddie tense the slightest bit.

"Um, that could be arranged, but I'm not sure if Kenzie's still into dance," She took another sip of her frap and looked down at her lap. "How'd that go?" He finally released the question that had been stirring inside of him. "Fine," she mumbled and grabbed her drink. "I'm going now, I'll meet you back at the house?" She forced a smile onto her face. Josh shrugged and stood up to hug her goodbye, but she was already out the door.

He sat back down and sighed, Maddie's been busy lately and it's just not what Josh was used to.
___________________________

Once Maddie reached the Hyland's house she laid back onto the guest bed. She had been staying in the guest room the week she's been here, but she decided it was time to leave. She grabbed her small box of belongings and checked to make sure she had everything.
__________________________

Maddie's POV

I trudged down the steps after making sure the place looked just as when I arrived after the hospital let me go. I set the box on the counter and went into the fridge to grab a water bottle. "Hey Brookie, can you take me to my sister's house? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stay with her for a while, we've gotta catch up." I asked once I saw the brunette arrive in the kitchen. "Aww, I'll miss you, but have you talked to Josh about this yet?"

Drat.

I may or may not have forgotten to run it by Josh at Starbucks. "No," I frowned and slumped into the chair next to me. "Maddie you'll have to tell him it would just be wrong if you didn't," Brooke handed me my box and I set it in my lap. "Oh alright, I'll drop this off at Kenzie's, tomorrow." I sighed and got up to bring the box back upstairs. The doorbell rang loudly as I scurried up the stairs to the guest room to put the stuff back. "Uncle Kenny!" I heard Brooke laugh excitedly from downstairs. I quickly retraced my route so I was at the front door again to see Brooke happily embracing her relative that freed me from my parents.

I smiled sheepishly and shyly waved at him. "Hi," I managed to squeak meekly, something told me he wasn't her for a pleasant surprise. "What brings you to the Hyland Home?" Brooke smiled and shut the door behind him. "Maddie actually did, can I speak with you in private Madison?" He used my full name and ushered me into the living room. Brooke's face turned white as she left the room nervously.

"Maddie I have some bad news we have to discuss." Uncle Kenny began seriously. I felt a lump form in my throat and I wanted nothing more than to escape the room.

Anywhere but here

Anywhere but here

Lord, take me anywhere but here!!!

"Oh my goodness! Look at the time, I have an audition for the Abby Lee Dance Company in 30 minutes!" I found an excuse and leapt up from the couch I had been sitting on. "We will just have to talk later!" I tried to leave but Uncle Kenny stopped me. "Maddie you knew this was coming! Don't run away from it." He said sternly as I turned around and say back down.

"I don't know what you're talking about but I'm not in the mood for bad news, my life is bad as it is." I buried my face in my hands. I felt Uncle Kenny rub my back, almost as if it were routine for him. "Maddie don't make this personal, I have to do this to a lot of kids." I sat up, glad that I hadn't let the tears welling up in my eyes fall.

"Maddie you know how back when I got your confession about your parents I told you that you could stay with Josh for a little while," he sighed as I nodded. "Yeah, until I moved into my sister's house."

"Not exactly," he shook his head slowly. "You didn't know about Kenzie then and you're not legally allowed to stay with the Kenzie and her foster parents unless they adopt you. Once I checked in with them to see if they were willing to adopt you, they said they had their hands full with Kenzie."

Looks like I forgot about that.

"So I can just stay with the Hylands," I shrugged and stood up to leave. "But you can't, Maddie they can't adopt you if you want to date Josh," he stood up to keep me from leaving. "I don't get it, my parents are still alive and although I have no other relatives, I'm not an orphan." I snapped spinning around to face the cop. He was acting like he knew everything when clearly he didn't.

"Maddie, you're required to be sent to an orphanage. You have to leave Pittsburgh in 3 days"

A/N- You guys did ask for more! Vote,Comment, and Share for more,