The Attention Grabber

To tell the truth, I did not want to be here.

 I was sitting on one of the plush leather couches, careful not to put too much pressure from my behind down on it as to not damage the seating. It was a stupid thought honestly since he was the rich little R&B star that he was, he probably wouldn't even blink at the cost that it would be to replace this.

 But seriously, why am I thinking about him like he's such a bad person and that I don't want to meet him and make him my babydaddy. I really don't know. I've been wanting to meet this man for forever, but now that I'm here, I just want to go home.

 I used to be one of those girls who'd fawn over him. That was not many years back, but now I'm in college and even though I do have my moments where I sit and gush over how sexy he is, I simply don't have time for it anymore and all that childish stuff.

 The only reason I'm actually here is because my best friend practically begged me to come. “It's just a concert”, she'd said. I stood through that whole concert, which was great by the way. No matter how much I hated the crowd and the shouting, he did put on a good show and then there was the fact that this was my first time ever attending a concert in my whole life.

 When the concert ended - three hours later - and my feet were killing me and I was more than ready to leave, that was when the bitch told me we're going to the meet and greet too.

 On the inside, I was freaking the fuck out. My whole body had chilled then became hot as the sun, my palms turned sweaty and my heart went into overdrive. I could've heard the blood rushing behind my ears at that moment.

 But then reality hit me and I realized who the hell I was and calmed down because I don't ever let anyone get me worked up, not even if they have a jawline like a knife blade, or lips that made me crumble and a voice that affected me in places that I rather not name. I know who I was and I kept that in check.

 And also, the thought that he won't even notice me, made me calm down a lot more, because, let's face it, he'll be too busy paying attention to the broads who're throwing themselves at him to even look my way and I was okay with that.

 “Yuh nah come wid mi?”

 I looked up from my phone and laughed at her, “Nah.” I was not about to get up off this couch for nobody. My feet are sore and I just can't.

 Jahnelle groaned, “Come on. I don't want to go up alone.”

 I shook my head, “My feet hurt man, shit, I been standing up for three hours. I am not getting up.”

 “You're the one that said you had a liking for August Alsina and now you're just sitting here?” She crosses her arms.

 I shrugged, “Ain't gotta act on it.” Is my response.

 She sucked her teeth, “‘Bout, “A mi fiancé. We go get married one day, watch”.”, She mocks my exact words that I said while we were on our way here.

 I shook my head, “Mi seh suh?” I pressed a finger to my chest, but that's exactly what I said.

 Jahnelle shook her head at me, laughing, then she turns and walks over to the door where there was a large crowd of women, pushing against each other. I almost rolled my eyes, because that makes no sense. How's the guy gonna get in the room if they're all crowded at the door. I couldn't live like that man, I would leave. Like, fuck this shit, I'm out.

 I sat, watching with a shake of my head and stifling my laughter at the girls as they made complete fools out of themselves. It was comical but sad at the same time.  Mostly comical, because I ain't never see myself doing that shit. Not only is that embarrassing but I'm a lazy mf and I will not. Let's just leave it at that.