August and Autographs

“La baybeh,” August says with a grin as he leaned toward me.

 He just got here. Like, literally speaking. And that was the first thing he said. Not even ‘hi’.

 “Quit it,” I hissed halfheartedly as he kept leaning toward me. My eyes averted over his shoulder briefly and I caught sight of Asante looking as he played football with his friends.

 “Oh my God,” I laughed in embarrassment, my face heating up. I fell back on the grass when he kept coming. I thought he'd ease up but instead he laid on top of me, pressing his chest into mine.

 My heart was pounding, I could feel my hands becoming clammy and the sweat beading on my forehead and on the back of my neck but I kept my features calm and collected.

 “What are you doing? Get off me, bruh!” I laughed.

 He grinned, “Nah, I kinda like dis,” He said, “So wazzam?”

 “Can you stop squishing my boobs? It kinda hurts.” I said, my voice sounding teasing but I was dead serious. It didn't hurt but it was uncomfortable.

 He adjusted himself, before laying back down on me, “Betta?”

 I rolled my eyes dramatically while making a noise in the back of my throat, “You do know they're, like, other people here right?” I said, my eyebrows raised. I'm really good at playing off this panic attack I'm about to have.

 He shrugged, “So.”

 I laughed, “He says ‘so’,” I shook my head with grin, squirming under his weight a little, “You damn heavy fo a skinny nigga.”

 He shook his head at me, “Ima ignore dat irrelevant comment and go ahead and skip to tha good parts,” He said, making me laugh then he licked his lips.

 A shiver ran down my spine and I started tingling, “Can you not do that?”

 He lets go of his lip that he was biting on and says, “Do what?”

 I shook my head, “Lick your lips and give me that look. Like… Don't.”

 He laughs, his minty breath fanning across my face, “I ain mean to,” He grins, still giving me the fucking look.

 “I know, cause you're still doing it.” I pointed out. He chuckles and just then I realized what song was playing and I started singing along.

 “August please stop looking at me like that,” I cut off mid song, turning my head away from him with a nervous laugh.

 “Nah, go ‘head,” He says.

 I shook my head with a grin, turning back to him and mouthing the words to the song while moving my body beneath his—my way of dancing with him on top of me.

 This went on with me singing and him just staring at me, smiling every now and then and licking his lips and giving me his sexy eyes which always results in me laughing and covering my face.

 “You know this guy was talking to me not long ago and said that you were my boyfriend and I told him you weren't and right now you're kinda proving me wrong,” I told him.

 His eyebrows raised, “Is dat right?” I gave him a look, “You want me to get up?” He asks.

 “Seriously? Why you gotta ask me? You couldn't just get up?” I almost whined.

 He laughed, “So daz a no,” He grins down at me, “You know you wanna be mah girl,” He teased with a grin.

 I made a face at him, “Shut up, no I don't,” Father forgive me for I have sinned, “But, um, I've been wanting to ask…” I trail off, my fingers playing with the end of his shirt on his back. He raises his eyebrows as if to tell me to continue, “When are you leaving? Like, New York?”