Projects and Plans

“Excuse me?”

 I look up to see a girl rotated in her seat, two rows down, staring directly at me, “Yeah?”

 “Aren't you that girl that August Alsina posted a picture with yesterday?” She asks, her friend turning to look at me, also.

 It was my first lecture of the day and the professor hadn't come in yet. Cause as usual, I'm early and sitting in my usual seat in the last row we were allowed in. Since this was a small class, we were only allowed to sit in the first five rows.

 I sat, along with two other people, in the last row, since I absolutely despise sitting in the front. It makes me fidget. Also I feel better knowing I can see what's going on from all angles. But you know what's worse than sitting in the front? Sitting smack in the middle. It's like being surrounded by a field of vultures.

 I feigned confusion, even though my palms became sweaty and my heart started beating erratically, “I don't… think so…” I trail off, staring at her in confusion.

 She blinks, “Um, okay, sorry for bothering you,” She says awkwardly.

 I shrugged and nodded, but I picked up on her mumbling as she said, “I swear it was her,”

That right there was just one person out of the dozen and all of them were chicks. Some of them seemed to see right through my lie and insisted that it was me while I just kept up my act and walked away. Thankfully not getting stabbed.

 That was my day at the university today. When I finally had stepped foot into my house, I'd let out a frustrated but relieved scream, before face planting on my couch.

 Then about half an hour later I'd got up and went to finish my psych paper. And I did a damn good job, cause I was halfway through the conclusion when my phone started ringing.

 I tried ignoring it but then I glimpsed the caller ID and stopped breathing. Yep, you guessed it, it's August.

 I swipe at the screen to answer and put it on speaker. He didn't even give me a chance to say hello.

 “Oh so you cah call me?” He retorts and I roll my eyes, “If I don't call you, you jus gon sit on yo ass and not call me?”

 “Cause ion got nothin to say to you.” I tell him, pulling my laptop onto my lap to do last minute searches.

 He made a choking sound dramatically, and I could see him doing a double take and pulling back to stare at the phone, “Le girl, the fuck you talking to?”

 I laughed, “You not my dad, Aug.” I said with a grin, my eyes on my computer screen.

 “No, but-”

 “Do not say you can be my daddy.” I cut him off and he laughed into the phone, the sound causing my smile to spread wider.

 “Not what I was gon say, but I can though. I got a couple years on you,” He says, letting out a groan and I heard shuffling in the background.

 I stare at my phone blankly as if it was him and said, “Boi please. You are twenty-three years young. And I'm turning nineteen in December so…”

 “Really? What date?” He asks.

 I figured if I should tell him or not, since people always make a big deal out of it, but then I remember that I'm talking to August fucking Alsina.

 “Twenty-fifth.” I tell him.

 “What? You a la’ Christmas baybeh?” He says in disbelief.